No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DiBella Doubts Chavez-Martinez Rematch Ever Happens

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: DiBella Doubts Chavez-Martinez Rematch Ever Happens

Promoter Lou DiBella says WBC middleweight champion Sergio Martinez (51-2-2,28KOs) needs to take the rest of the year off in order to recover from multiple injuries. DiBella feels the 38-year-old boxer is not getting old, but his body is breaking down from taking so many tough fights without a break. DiBella wants to see what he looks like after returning in 2014.

[Click Here To Read More]

I'm assuming he means 168. They already fought at middleweight. I think Chavez knocks out Martinez in a rematch. He won't wait to pull the trigger. Martinez won't last much longer. He lost that fight against Murray. I'd love to see Chavez-Ward. Andre deserves a PPV fight and this would be a dandy.

Comment

Yea I doubt it too, Martinez came out his shell to fight a real opponent and ended up needing multiple surgery's and hospital stays because of that.

Now he back to fighting Euro bums.

Comment

Originally posted by duke3884 View Post
        I'm assuming he means 168. They already fought at middleweight. I think Chavez knocks out Martinez in a rematch. He won't wait to pull the trigger. Martinez won't last much longer. He lost that fight against Murray. I'd love to see Chavez-Ward. Andre deserves a PPV fight and this would be a dandy.
        Took you 4 years to make a post, haha welcome.

Comment

Yet Sergio got the wins over both Murray and Chavez jr....now that they are in the books, penciled in stone, we can move on. A win is a win, like it or hate it.

Comment

Chavez probably won't be at 160 for much longer.

before talk of Murray, Chavez was going to fight Vera at 165.
            Roach doesn't want him to stay at 160.

the WBC already stripped Ward so you know they were paving the way for Chavez.

honestly I have a feeling Martinez will fight Cotto next. I know it sounds crazy but Cotto wants a title at 160 and Martinez is pretty vunerable and not a big middleweight. Cotto could be lineal champ at 160, that's some icing on the cake for him.

plus I think Cotto could make more money against Martinez than Canelo because Cotto will be the A side and Martinez won't ask for nearly as much as Canelo.

if that happens around PR day parade, june 8th next year. Martinez will have been out for over a year and by that time Chavez will be totally out grown 160 for sure

Comment

I'm surprised, I thought this was pretty much a done deal. They would sell more ppvs than the 1st fight and Martinez would still be the favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                I'm surprised, I thought this was pretty much a done deal. They would sell more ppvs than the 1st fight and Martinez would still be the favorite.

chavez jr would stop sergio if they fought next. unless sergio finds the fountain of youth, which fighters have in the past, he's getting stopped.

martinez looked flat out bad, at least in comparison to what he used to be.

Comment

Time for Sergio to seek out Memo...

Comment

Originally posted by r__mutt View Post
                    Time for Sergio to seek out Memo...

you talkin about that deer antler, dog?

Comment

Working...
                    X