Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you feel after a bad day at the gym?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you feel after a bad day at the gym?

This is for people who box/compete/spar.

How do you feel? Today I spared with a 17-5 pro at my gym and I felt like ****. Third time sparing with him and the previous two times, I did well since I'm just getting back into boxing after a year off...

Today I felt terrible. My jab wasn't there. Speed. Power. I don't know but everyone says people have those kind of days. It bothers me. It sucks.

Discuss.

i hate those days too

if a guy gets thebetter of me when i knowi should have wupped him it eats at me untill the next time i have a good day at the gym

Comment

Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post
      i hate those days too

if a guy gets thebetter of me when i knowi should have wupped him it eats at me untill the next time i have a good day at the gym
      Yeah, exactly. It just bothers me when I know I could've done better and give him what he gave me. It wasn't bad at all, you know. But just so damn slow, numb, tight, etcccccccc and there fore no speed, reflexes, etc.

But I guess that's why you keep going.

Comment

Surprisingly, I had one of those days today.

Not in terms of sparring but just overall workout. I'm not focusing on skills right now, just the conditioning.

But I felt like I had a terrible day. I gave it my all, 100% but it just felt terrible. From just the warmup I felt like I was going to throw up. Even before the warmup before the real warmup, I knew something was off. lol (yes. I warmup twice. static stretches then movement+dynamic stretches second)

I don't know the exact cause but I figure the food I ate to give my body some energy to workout wasn't proper. I'm gonna see tomorrow, I'm taking cheese out of the pre-workout meal. No liquids outside of water/tea and no cheese now. I always feel like crap after putting those into my body and trying to workout.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Sugar' Freddi View Post
          Yeah, exactly. It just bothers me when I know I could've done better and give him what he gave me. It wasn't bad at all, you know. But just so damn slow, numb, tight, etcccccccc and there fore no speed, reflexes, etc.

But I guess that's why you keep going.
          yes cause those good days when u bust a guys lip are well worth it...

i had a long layoff after being sick for a long time and i came back i felt really slow and weak and a guy at my gym that i dont like was getting the nest of me and it pissed me off caus he was smaller and cause i didnt like the guy

those bad days and little rivalries wih ur teamate/gymates really brings out thebest of yiou

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            Surprisingly, I had one of those days today.

Not in terms of sparring but just overall workout. I'm not focusing on skills right now, just the conditioning.

But I felt like I had a terrible day. I gave it my all, 100% but it just felt terrible. From just the warmup I felt like I was going to throw up. Even before the warmup before the real warmup, I knew something was off. lol (yes. I warmup twice. static stretches then movement+dynamic stretches second)

I don't know the exact cause but I figure the food I ate to give my body some energy to workout wasn't proper. I'm gonna see tomorrow, I'm taking cheese out of the pre-workout meal. No liquids outside of water/tea and no cheese now. I always feel like crap after putting those into my body and trying to workout.
            Guess it was the "national feel like **** at the gym" day. Corny but yeah you get the point.

Yeah, sometimes I also think it's the food that I might have ate before when I feel weak but today wasn't the case because I ate the same thing that I ate the previous times I spared with him. Don't ask how I remember it.

Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post
            yes cause those good days when u bust a guys lip are well worth it...

i had a long layoff after being sick for a long time and i came back i felt really slow and weak and a guy at my gym that i dont like was getting the nest of me and it pissed me off caus he was smaller and cause i didnt like the guy

those bad days and little rivalries wih ur teamate/gymates really brings out thebest of yiou
            I mean it's boxing so you gotta expect some bad days at the "office" but still, it pisses you off times.

Tomorrow I am sparing again with two MMA fighters. It will be interesting to see how it goes. Can't wait!

Comment

I will probably try toast w/ peanut butter and oatmeal tomorrow. Something solid that won't try to come back up from plyometrics.

Yo Freddi. You train for pure boxing or do you go the Masato route? I ask cause you mentioned sparring MMA guys.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                I will probably try toast w/ peanut butter and oatmeal tomorrow. Something solid that won't try to come back up from plyometrics.

Yo Freddi. You train for pure boxing or do you go the Masato route? I ask cause you mentioned sparring MMA guys.
                Haha, I was doing MMA for a while. Took some muay thai, jiu jitsu, and wrestling classes. I was actually the captain of my wrestling team so I had some boxing and wrestling already and thought I would want to become an MMA fighter but my love is boxing, so yeah.. just pure boxing but one of the coaches helps some pro MMA fighters so he wanted me to spar with them.

Comment

Feeling fine if I don't get overly tired. I don't know whats the correct word, not just tired but so tired you can't do **** and someone WRECKS you at sparring. From overtraining, bad lifestyle etc. Damn that **** sucks. If I train very hard at tuesday thurdays training will suck. **** is so weird but I guess not enough sleep, not enough conditioning and training too hard. One thursday I lost every round, took so many shots can't even remember the rounds, had a bruised eye and after that went on a date like a champ hoping to get some badass points eheh but even the date was shiiit. Felt mentally and physically defeated, like someone kicked my brain out and just as bad physically, that **** is not the way to go to get them ladies.

Anyways all training is just good vibes except if I gas out badly early on and subsequently get totaled. It's pretty demotivating but what can you do.
                  Last edited by uu154; 10-26-2011, 01:14 PM.

Comment

We all have days when we perform worse than a newbie and we feel pissed about it. Best strategy for this is to remain focused and figure out what went wrong. Its always best before you spar/compete that you isolate yourself for at least fifteen minutes and concentrate solely on what you're going to do, it helps alot.

Comment

Working...
                    X