No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Bernard Hopkins, Joe Calzaghe Vegas Reunion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Bernard Hopkins, Joe Calzaghe Vegas Reunion

MANDALAY BAY, LAS VEGAS, NV - WBC light heavyweight champion Bernard Hopkins poses with former opponent, and ex-super middleweight king, Joe Calzaghe of Wales, before the Amir Khan and Zab Judah unification at the Mandalay Bay Hopkins lost his light heavyweight belt to Calzaghe in April 2008 by way of a close split decision.

[Click Here To Read More]

Good to see the animosity die down. Good pics.

Comment

go get them title joe!......

Comment

Good pictures.

I knew deep down these guys had respect for one other.

A part of their careers also went similar like both made record defenses of their titles. Both didn't get credit till there late 30s where they were both underdogs in their biggest fights but went on to dominate ( Trinidad and Lacy, both whom were punchers).

Obviously Hopkins has continued fighting and Joe retired so the similarities end there.

Comment

Awesome pics....I would love them in HI-RES so i could frame them.

Comment

cool pics....the infamous comment was thrown in the air for mental and financial reasons...nothing more!!!!....its not everyday you get to see the last 2 dudes to unify thier respective divisions scrap it and then patch it up...this is what the sport should be about!!!

Comment

great pics!

Comment

Excellent pics. Two great fighters who made some good cash together, sure it was a ****ty fight and a lot of animosity in the build up and aftermath, but I always thought that there had to be some respect for each other there and its great to see that they are more than comfortable in each others company.

Comment

I saw them on TV they were sitting together. For a second I thought Calslappy looked like DLH.

Comment

I respect Hopkins a lot, when he first came on the scene you would never have pictured him now as one of the elder statesman of the sport! His life story is also inspirational as someone who came up the hardest way imaginable.

To be fair to B-Hop a lot of the quotes that get held up against him always seem taken out of context. When he said his "white boy" line it was obviously an off the cuff comment while he was with his pals. Seemed like a joke to me.

Calzaghe wont come out of retirement, he seems to be enjoying the celebrity life. He obviously doesnt still have the hunger for the game that Hopkins still does at nearly 10 years his senior!

Comment

Working...
                    X