No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fonfara Carving Out His Position, Targets 175 Elite

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fonfara Carving Out His Position, Targets 175 Elite

By Thomas Gerbasi - Nearly six years ago, a teenager named Andrzej Fonfara arrived in the United States with several of his peers, talented former amateur boxers seeking greater glory in the pro ranks.

They left. He stayed, just 18 and a stranger in a strange land. But he knew from the moment he set foot in Chicago that this was the place for him.

“The first day I came to the United States, I thought I’d stay here, and after the first fight, I was sure I’d stay,” said Fonfara. “I met Sam Colonna, he’s my trainer now, and I like Chicago. I have my family here now, my girlfriend, friends, and I’m okay with that.”

Now 24, Fonfara hasn’t just acclimated to his new country and new language, but he’s gone from a gangly 6-foot-2 welterweight with raw talent and a lot to learn into a legit light heavyweight threat coming off a July win over Glen Johnson. [Click Here To Read More]

if he had fought the Glen of even 5 yrs ago he would not have seen the 10th...

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
      if he had fought the Glen of even 5 yrs ago he would not have seen the 10th...
      well yea no ****, johnson fought the who's who at 168, i actually saw him fight fonfara last summer at the UIC...he made it a pretty competitive fight until the 7th round, after that it was all fonfara....im pretty sure i was the only one cheering for johnson....bunch of polish ppl there that night

Comment

Like I posted in another thread: Fonfara has a pencil neck. I'm curious to see how he holds up in this division.

Comment

Working...
        X