No announcement yet.

2012 Boxing Olympics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Boxing Olympics

Boxing 2012 Olympics start in less than 2 weeks. Any big time names, country or guys to look out for?

Vasyl Lomachenko

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      Vasyl Lomachenko
      What weight class is he fighting in? I've heard a bit about Misha Aloyan (RUS) & Julio Cesar La Cruz (CUB) but trying to find out about more potential medal winners.

Comment

Originally posted by boricuajr23 View Post
        What weight class is he fighting in? I've heard a bit about Misha Aloyan (RUS) & Julio Cesar La Cruz (CUB) but trying to find out about more potential medal winners.

60kg. Outstanding boxer & certainly one to look out for in the future.
        He took gold at Beijing and won a shed-load of world AM titles & I believe hes only lost once in god knows how many years and avenged it with a 1st round K.O

Anthony Joshua of the U.K is talked of very highly in the 91k+ category but I'm not too sold on him myself.

Also a southpaw counterpuncher Fred Evans I think he is called that I am being told too watch out for, seen some footage but wasn't overly impressed with him.

Comment

60kg. Outstanding boxer & certainly one to look out for in the future.
          He took gold at Beijing and won a shed-load of world AM titles & I believe hes only lost once in god knows how many years and avenged it with a 1st round K.O

Anthony Joshua of the U.K is talked of very highly in the 91k+ category but I'm not too sold on him myself.

Also a southpaw counterpuncher Fred Evans I think he is called that I am being told too watch out for, seen some footage but wasn't overly impressed with him.
          Thanks. Will try to find some footage on these guys mentioned within the next couple days. I'm guessing Fred Evans is from UK?

Comment

Originally posted by boricuajr23 View Post
            Thanks. Will try to find some footage on these guys mentioned within the next couple days. I'm guessing Fred Evans is from UK?

Yeah he is from Wales & won the European championships.
            I don't know a lot about him but he is said to be one to watch out for.

Comment

the heavyweight from cuba whatever his name is

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
                the heavyweight from cuba whatever his name is
                I just looked up Cuba's Team. They are sending 8. There is a light heavyweight (La Cruz), Heavyweight (Larduet) & Super Heavyweight (Savon).

Comment

Vasyl Lomachenko
                  jose ramirez

Comment

I can't really get into it the fights are too short. 10 or 12 3 minute rounds would make it a lot more entertaining.

Comment

Working...
                    X