Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YOUR OPINION WANTED: More Impressive Win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is not even debatable it’s easily Floyd vs. Oscar. The mag pac fought was coming off almost two years layoff and the biggest loss of his career to be honest magarito was just never that good period.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadmazing View Post
      Mayweather possibly had loaded gloves and possibly drugged his opponents. My proof is that you can't prove it's not possible! ******ed.
      Holy cow dude, I'm trying as hard as possible to objective here, and you're getting all defensive. It was an EXCELLENT win for Pacquiao, no doubt. But to say it was CLEARLY a better win than Floyd's win over Oscar, I feel is not fair. Tony was a shell of his former self in that fight. He'd been through wars with Mosely and Cotto in the prior few years, and not to mention, he's not exactly defensively savvy to begin with. Factor in the obvious struggle to make weight, and it's a miracle he was as active as he was. By all means, he should have been even MORE of a punching bag than he was. Packing on all that weight over night makes a fighter EXTREMELY sluggish.

Comment

I also favor Margarito by 7-5 or 8-4 decision over Oscar; sweeping numerous late rounds.
        Man thats the fight i always wanted to see.
        Oscar doesn't have the fire in him anymore, so that's most likely will be the case.

Comment

Floyd knows exactly what his actions state. He knows Manny Pacquiao could beat him.

No other fighter in history has refused to fight a guy because he's so good he must be cheating yet is also sure he would win against said fighter accused of being so good it can't be real.
          Dude, if you're not even going to ATTEMPT to be objective, please refrain from posting. We're trying to keep things civil in here. And that's extremely hard to do when discussing Floyd/Manny at ANY length. If you can't follow, take it to another flame thread. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by k1llu View Post
            This is not even debatable it’s easily Floyd vs. Oscar. The mag pac fought was coming off almost two years layoff and the biggest loss of his career to be honest magarito was just never that good period.
            That's the big thing I always think about with this fight. Mosley basically showcased that Margarito is there to be hit a ton, and if you use movement (although he didn't do this) or have a granite chin (like Mosley does) he can be tagged all night long. He's just a cardio machine with an iron jaw, who broke people down with persistence. (See Miguel Cotto. Plaster, or not.)

Therefore, if you're built to throw bombs for 12 rounds, and can sustain his slow, sluggish style of offense, you can outwork him. Heck, Paul Williams won a very narrow UD over him 7-5, IMO. It was extremely close, but I thought it was justified.

And we are now seeing what Williams is made of. Maybe Margarito just wasn't all he was cracked up to be. I mean, his best win is over Cotto, and there's a huge cloud of speculation over that fight.

Comment

Truthfully, neither fight meant more. Both fights went the way the were expected to. Nothing beyond the norm really took place. One fight was dominated a bit more, with Manny beating the hell out of Margarito. However, Mayweather didn't get hurt to the body, and because he took less risk, looked less dominant.

So, in truth, they meant about the same and that's all there is to it. One was worth more money, but I couldn't give a **** about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Radke View Post
                Oscar doesn't have the fire in him anymore, so that's most likely will be the case.
                Hey, ya' just never know with Oscar, LOL. Maybe now that he's got his drinking problems in order, he'll find some new-found vigor and sign for another fight. HAHAHA. Hell, he had to know he was going to get whooped against B-hop, and Pacman at the least. The second he signed those two fights, he had to know there was no chance of him winning. HAHAHA. That being said, at least he went out on his shield, IMO, against BHOP. (Even if a lot of people think that fight was a fix.)

I could just see the buildup now, 38 year old "Golden Boy", "chicano" against the "Tijuana Tornado" in a battle of washed-up has beens, LIVE ON HBO PPV. Contact your local PPV PROVIDER.

Said "dream" matchups buyrate 500,000 idiots pay for garbage. HAHAHA.

I mean, ****, we had BHOP vs. RJJ in a battle of fossils. HAHAHAHA.

Comment

Originally posted by THe TRiNiTY View Post
                  So, in truth, they meant about the same and that's all there is to it. One was worth more money, but I couldn't give a **** about that.
                  That's a pretty fair assessment. That being said, I recall a lot of people on the net thinking that Oscar would be too big for Floyd at 154lbs, in particular after his crushing of Mayorga. (Never seen Ricardo dominated like that since.) I remember picking Floyd to win a UD (which he did eventually) but not being really 100% certain about it. That's really the only Floyd fight in recent memory that I didn't expect him to blow his opponent out, and he didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Squizz View Post
                    Holy cow dude, I'm trying as hard as possible to objective here, and you're getting all defensive. It was an EXCELLENT win for Pacquiao, no doubt. But to say it was CLEARLY a better win than Floyd's win over Oscar, I feel is not fair. Tony was a shell of his former self in that fight. He'd been through wars with Mosely and Cotto in the prior few years, and not to mention, he's not exactly defensively savvy to begin with. Factor in the obvious struggle to make weight, and it's a miracle he was as active as he was. By all means, he should have been even MORE of a punching bag than he was. Packing on all that weight over night makes a fighter EXTREMELY sluggish.
                    I realize there's an odd fascination with going back and lowering the levels of Manny Pacquiao's opponents to conveniently go from world level fighters to barely able to get in the ring but I'd have to say Margarito's own performance against the very best fighter in the world should tell it's own story. Do you think anybody else at 154 does as well? Even 154 Oscar? Come on. The Margarito that Pacquiao beat up is obviously a top three Junior Middleweight. Let's stop going back and acting like he'd be lucky to beat Deandre Latimore or K9 Bundrage.

Considering that Margarito would beat that Oscar - yes, it's a better win.

Comment

Originally posted by Radke View Post
                      As Welterweights, Oscar kicks the crap out of him.

As older Junior Middleweights, Oscar can't stay away and takes a beating late in the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X