No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Manager Shreds Sturm Over Pavlik Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Manager Shreds Sturm Over Pavlik Fight

Oleg Hermann, Manager of WBA "regular" middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin (20-0, 17KOs), is very upset with the "super champion" of the division, Felix Sturm. Golovkin has tried to secure a fight with Sturm for a long time. They saw a recent report where Sturm was interested in facing former champion Kelly Pavlik in the summer. Pavlik is already set to face Alfonso Lopez on the Pacquiao-Mosley pay-per-view on May 7 in Las Vegas.

[Click Here To Read More]

Comment

I'd rather see Sturm fight Golovkin, but at least Pavlik is more established in the division than Gennady.

I'm good with either fight... I'm just happy that Sturm is taking a real risk.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
        I'd rather see Sturm fight Golovkin, but at least Pavlik is more established in the division than Gennady.

I'm good with either fight... I'm just happy that Sturm is taking a real risk.
        pavlik isn't in the division no more. Sturm was talking about a catchweight at 163 or some BS like that if I recall.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
          pavlik isn't in the division no more. Sturm was talking about a catchweight at 163 or some BS like that if I recall.
          Fair... well Pavlik has more experience against top competition.

That does make the fight less glamorous though... fight Golovkin Sturm...

Comment

Forget Pavlik, he's done. It's absolutely ridiculous how Sturm has been avoiding Golovkin. Like, he's not even subtle about it -- I don't know how the TV networks and WBA are allowing him to get away with this.

Comment

Sturm should take this fight.

Comment

For the German viewers Golovkin ain't no different from all the bums Sturm was fighting. Why the hell Sturm would care about Golovkin? He will be paid the same amount of money as for Hearnses of the world.

The only guys at MW who can pay Sturm to fight are Martinez and Chavez jr.

Comment

Anyone who has followed this story has to view this development as hilarious! In Pavlik's only interview since he discharged from rehab he said he might be willing to go to Germany and fight Sturm at a catchweight of 166. However, he mentioned Bryan Vera in the same breath, so I think that says something about how Pavlik rates Sturm.

Team Pavlik settled on undefeated light heavyweight Alfonso Lopez. AFTER the Pavlik/Lopez fight was made and scheduled for May 7th, Sturm came up with his blah-blah-blah about wanting Pavlik on June 25th.

Sturm made a grab for some headlines and got a few. However, it now looks like Sturm's little scam ultimately backfired on him! And that is FUNNY!

Comment

Typical Sturm. Loves calling out fighters he won't actually fight. And he'll never, ever take a chance on someone as hard-hitting as Golovkin. If Sturm wanted the best, he should be calling out Martinez, but he wouldn't fight him either, even if the fight was in Germany and he got to use the usual house judges

Comment

Working...
                    X