No announcement yet.

Is Nishioka over the hill already?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
    I can only speak for myself and have been consistent in calling Nishi over the hill, barely active and a cherry picked opponent for Donaire. Have also criticized Donaire for being inactive and fighting a string of undersized opponents.

I have also been on record saying that as soon as Rigo was mentiond as a possible opponent for Donny there was a wave of posters (trolls) trying to discredit that fight by saying that Nishi is actually the best @ 122. Plenty of guys to fight -- but pick the oldest and most inactive belt holder and swear up and down that he is the #1. Doesn't hurt to have a promo company like TR parroting that nonsense.

Nishi aint fought in how long? Against who? And when did he fight before that? Against who? Wasn't he talking about retirement earlier this year? Ask yourself these questions and you can answer yourself on whether he is over the hill - YES.
    It's true that he hasn't fought in a while, and has thought about retiring, but that doesn't mean he's over the hill already. Last time he went out it was against Marquez and he actually did pretty good! I would understand if he's on a loosing streak and coming from a long lay off, but that's not the case, he's actually riding a 16 fight winning streak and to say that he's over the hill is just unfair imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangnam Style! View Post
      Not so long ago before this fight was made, a lot of people were saying that Nonito should stop fighting small guys and must face the likes of Nishioka and Mares, even the names of JuanMa and Gamboa were being mentioned. But now that his fighting Nishi people are suddenly saying that he's already over the hill?!? What the hell is up with that?? Coz I certainly do not agree... Your thoughts on this please..
      Well, I'm an independent observer and I believe that He's a bit past his best. has to be, 36 years old, and 122 lbs, had 46 fights lost 4 with 3 draws........ He certainly hasn't been getting better for the last 7 years or more.

On the other hand, if he nullifies Donaire's left hook he could win, as Donaire is not a clever boxer, is still living on that sudden KO of Fernando Montiel, and hasn't looked good since.

Comment

He's a little older now but this is still a good..make that great fight for Donaire. I prefer it over Mares because of his skillset. This is the type of fighter we've been wanting him in against. I've been a Donaire fan for a while but was starting to doubt him cuz of his comp. now though as the fight inches closer I'm starting to second guess myself. Maybe my bias is kicking in towards Nonito but I'm starting to believe Donaire will dominate. Lets see.

Comment

No but he would be considered ripe for the picking - I would compare it to when Ricky Hatton fought Koysta Tszyu.

Comment

Donaire doesn't seem to get credit for anyone he fights.

He knocks Montiel into a different stratosphere, the #1 at 118, being outweighed by him, whilst most fans were 50-50 on who would win that after the fight we get "It was the size advantage" bull****.

Now, Donaire is fighting the #1 at 122, has been for a while, a top fighter and before the fight was signed the majority of people considered at a legit fight now before he's even had the fight it's getting discredited.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Money View Post
              No but he would be considered ripe for the picking - I would compare it to when Ricky Hatton fought Koysta Tszyu.
              I wouldn't say so.

The vast majority of people expected Hatton to lose that fight and he was the underdog with the bookies aswell.

Donaire's a favourite over Nishioka with the fans and the bookies.

Comment

Reasons why nishioka didn't fight for year
                1. Personal issues
                2. injured left hand during marquez fight and his fight before as well
                3. didn't want to have to defend title against fighters who he would most likely KO.
                4. only wanted donaire and donaire only. He he said if no doanire he would possibly fight mares but donaire fight happened.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  I wouldn't say so.

The vast majority of people expected Hatton to lose that fight and he was the underdog with the bookies aswell.

Donaire's a favourite over Nishioka with the fans and the bookies.
                  So it seems to me that based on the bookies and fans it should be a mismatch, my question is why, age and inactivity or Donaire is that much better?

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
                    So it seems to me that based on the bookies and fans it should be a mismatch, my question is why, age and inactivity or Donaire is that much better?
                    Not a mis-match.

The bookies and the fans have Donaire as the favourite but by no means a landslide.

Comment

no , there's no evidence he is...only rigo fans are sayin this ****..

and even if he is , he's still 10x better than any rigo opponent..

Comment

Working...
                      X