Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody else remember being force fed "Manny fights for pride, not money" BS?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hewito View Post
    Small question....Mayweather was offered 50 mill and declined....I think they are both at fault and egos play a big part...As to say pac is to blame is,to say the least,stupid.
    i blame Arum..and WHO OFFER FLOYD 50 MILLION??cause he does the offering..history shows that

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN
      Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimgash

Unless he gets the majority of the money he won't really make all that much more. Floyd already has the highest guaranteed purse in boxing to his name. He makes a lot of money off his fights. The biggest problem is now that the fights getting less and less attention and pac losing / looking pretty shabby his last few fights I won't do the huge numbers previously thought.

Got it. Thanks for confirming Floyd is really not interested in the fight unless he makes gargantuan amounts of money. Never mind what the world wants. Never mind what leaders like Mandela want. Screw the spirit of the sport. Screw the fans. ScrtYew the added legacy of adding the Pacman in his resume. Screw what the boxing community's unanimous verdict if the fight happens: Floyd beats Paq. Floyd is simply not interested. I got it. Thanks!
      You argue like a girl in a beauty pageant

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

pac has been exposed as a fraud for a while now.....this isn't new.

Comment

lolz at people saying pac is a fraud, you guys cant stop hating ...

anyway, i still want to see pac-mayweather and I really dont care about all the b_llsh_t and just want to see it happen, I am giving both fighters & their teams until 2013...

i am still optimistic that the fight will happen 2013 but if by then this fight dont happen, I wont give a sh_t anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
            Floyd is a businessman. He fights for money. That's common knowledge.

He'll make an unbelievable amount of money by fighting Paqciao than fighting anybody else. That's also common knowledge.

He knows he'll make tons of money he never would have earned figthing other fighters. But he just won't fight Manny.

Is this guy not worried about his ducking legacy? He's about to retire and still not doing something about it.
            And what has that got to do with what Manny does , the CWs the cherry picking , the ducking of 154 Cotto and the Bradley rematch , WTF has Floyd go to do with the trail of fakeness oozing out of your hero every step he makes ?

Comment

does anybody remember Pac getting bashed by dudes for making Cotto weigh in 2 pounds under the WW limit?...well nobody is going after Ward for turning down 170 and saying 168 or no fight against Dawson...I came on here and expected a thread about that...but I saw this and just smh

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                does anybody remember Pac getting bashed by dudes for making Cotto weigh in 2 pounds under the WW limit?...well nobody is going after Ward for turning down 170 and saying 168 or no fight against Dawson...I came on here and expected a thread about that...but I saw this and just smh
                If Ward had Mannys or Floyds profile he would be put under the same scrutiny their every move is and keel hauled just like they are , it goes with the territory , Manny has turned into a full on bull****er , he is no longer the elite boxer looking to move into politics , he is now the sly politician who boxes .

Comment

To be fair Pac got credit for fighting Cotto only after he pummelled Cottos face in haters came out to play and of course.
                  Only reason ppl don't go after Ward is because Dawson said he would come down.

Every boxer fights for money it's a poor mans sport, only dumb asses believe that they only fight for pride. Boxers have to sell themselves to the public in order to generate hype, it's pride and money.

Comment

Dawson said he would come down that was his mistake. Kinda like how Corrales said he would fight Floyd at 130, when everyone knew he was a LW at that point. That was his mistake.

Why am I going to bash Ward for something Dawson said he would do?

Comment

Working...
                    X