• Show
Clear All

• What and who is Wladimir?

What and who is Wladimir? Wladimir is

1) Olympic SHW Champion,
    2) IFB/trueWBA/WBO/IBO and the Ring Magazine Champion,
    4) a boxer who KOed 47 of his 56 opponents,
    5) a most dominant HW boxer of his era, along with his brother Vitaliy,
    6) and, most of all, a person of incredible will, who achieved much of the above after devastating losses to Brewster and Sanders, after most people -- but his true fans -- had written him off.

Remember, Wladimir is the guy who kept getting up after repeated KDs in the Sanders fight. I remember that George Foreman, in his commentary for HBO, saw heart and determination in this. I am happy to say that George Foreman has been proven to be right about Wladimir... by Wladimir.
    Last edited by Nautilus; 06-21-2009, 09:35 PM.

Originally posted by Nautilus View Post
    What and who is Wladimir? Wladimir is

1) Olympic HW Champion,
    2) IFB/trueWBA/WBO/IBO and the Ring Magazine Champion,
    4) a boxer who KOed 47 of his 56 opponents,
    5) a most dominant HW boxer of his era, along with his brother Vitaliy,
    6) and, most of all, a person of incredible will, who achieved much of the above after devastating losses to Brewster and Sanders, after most people -- but his true fans -- had written him off.

Remember, Wladimir is the guy who kept getting up after repeated KDs in the Sanders fight. I remember that George Foreman, in his commentary for HBO, saw heart and determination in this. I am happy to say that George Foreman has been proven to be right about Wladimir... by Wladimir.
    This era's heavyweight division sucks though so him dominating it isn't anything special.

His bro tried taking on an old undertrained Lewis and still failed so there you have it.

Comment

* Olympic SHW Gold medalist

Comment

Wladimir taken a lot of "0"s as well:

Chagaev 25-0
        Ibragimov 22-0
        Brock 29-0
        Peter 24-0
        Castillo 18-0
        Vujecic 14-0
        Shaheed 16-0

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
          This era's heavyweight division sucks though so him dominating it isn't anything special.

His bro tried taking on an old undertrained Lewis and still failed so there you have it.
          Entering a thread like this and post "the heavyweight division sucks" to discredit Wladimir is the lowest ***** trick I've ever seen. It's the weakest way to discredit a fighter.

I'm so SICK or reading that.

The division really isn't so bad, it's at least better than the 80s. The truth is, Wlad has beaten a lot of good fighters. Be a man and give him credit!

Why are some people SO THREATENED by any statement that gives credit to the Klitschkos that they need to resort to "the heavyweight division sucks"
          Last edited by The Hammer; 06-21-2009, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Tunney View Post
            Wladimir taken a lot of "0"s as well:

Chagaev 25-0
            Ibragimov 22-0
            Brock 29-0
            Peter 24-0
            Castillo 18-0
            Vujecic 14-0
            Shaheed 16-0
            i hate on Wlad alot, but damn,
            that is impressive.

Comment

First and foremost, a sport is only maintained by public interest. If stadiums were completely empty for baseball games, the game would most likely not be played. Here in America, heavyweight boxing has long been deceased because the Klitschko brothers and others at the top have a style that, although it wins fights, does not please the fans. Who would pay to see Klitschko vs. Chagaev here in America after the Klitschko-Ibragimov debacle? And though Klitschko has fans in Eastern Europe, it's more nationality and personality than anything.
              I give him full props as a competitor but not I cannot respect him for making the most important division in boxing drearisome.

Comment

Originally posted by sylvestersweet View Post
                First and foremost, a sport is only maintained by public interest. If stadiums were completely empty for baseball games, the game would most likely not be played. Here in America, heavyweight boxing has long been deceased because the Klitschko brothers and others at the top have a style that, although it wins fights, does not please the fans. Who would pay to see Klitschko vs. Chagaev here in America after the Klitschko-Ibragimov debacle? And though Klitschko has fans in Eastern Europe, it's more nationality and personality than anything.
                I give him full props as a competitor but not I cannot respect him for making the most important division in boxing drearisome.
                I agree with this post 100%. I see it the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by sylvestersweet View Post
                  Wladimir would be as popular in the US as he is in Germany, if

1) he was on regular cable TV so most people would see him

and

2) if the American sports media would be fair to him and stop being so negative.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Tunney View Post
                    Wladimir would be as popular in the US as he is in Germany, if

1) he was on regular cable TV so most people would see him

and

2) if the American sports media would be fair to him and stop being so negative.
                    with all due respect my friend, he wouldent,
                    because he's not exciting, and doesnt have the personality
                    that we in america cling on to,

we either like the entertaining guys like : Pac, JMM, Barrera, cotto, ex.
                    or the personalitys like: B-hop, mayweather, Ali.

it just truth.

Comment

Working...
                    X