Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone notice how Dana White has a free UFC event on tonight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
    Like others have said I believe the date was set long before Pac/Marquez. Also who cares, I'm watching them both, with boxing having my actual attention. UFC did put on a good card though. I'm excited to see Diaz fight, he's always enjoyable.
    I'm watching both right now as we speak.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
      sport has plateaued.

they have a huge talent deficiency due to the fact that its still a new sport and they havent developed a consistent and sustainable minor league system that continues to churn out new talent like the nfl with college football or boxing with the olympics and amateur system, or the nba with college hoop etc..

i prefer the old black box ufc where there were no divisions and it was a free for all with less rules and regulation.

this stripped down commercialized ufc is a diluted product.
      Would you say the same if it was boxing? It's not plateaued, they just put on way too cards in a short amount of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
        I'm watching both right now as we speak.
        Me too. The first fight on the PPV was horrible

Comment

Nate Diaz gettin his ass WHOOPED

Comment

Diaz was game, but he loss that one.

Comment

They cant just stop putting on events because of another sport. Dana has gone on record as saying he doesnt intend to compete with the big events and will start his events, ppv or free earlier than the boxing main event. It gives me something to do when I feel like the day is dragging ass cuz I'm excited for boxing lol.

Comment

Originally posted by mic573 View Post
                In my opinion it hasn't plateaued at all. UFC is still going strong. The get new talent thru shows like the ultimate fighter.
                There's a big difference between hyping up journymen by putting them on a reality game show and developing athletes.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                  I asked a bar in the area if they were getting the ppv and they responded with this:

we Do not show boxing PPV events. We only show UFC PPV events. Boxing promoters made it too costly to show Boxing PPV events.
                  Well, you answered your own statement. It isn't a matter of popularity, but rather the economics of the two PPV options.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                    Source?..............

He's done it several times before.
                    As a matter of fact, Zuffa has very little control over Fox. They are time-slot takers, not time-slot makers.

Comment

What is this UFC?

Comment

Working...
                      X