No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robert Helenius Blasts Liakhovich in The Ninth Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Robert Helenius Blasts Liakhovich in The Ninth Round

Erfurt, Germany - Rising heavyweight star Robert Helenius (16-0, 11KOs) knocked out former WBO champion Sergei Liakhovich (25-4, 16KOs) in the ninth round.

[Click Here To Read More]

holy **** !

Helenius is a ****in beast, that uppercutt was straight from hell, great finishin combo too

my hat off to Liakhovich, he put up a much better effort than I thought he would, he definitely had something left in him even though he looked like **** last time out

Comment

I'm glad people are finally seeing past the big KO's he has scored recently and realize that Helenius is an unfinished product. Even he himself admits that he needs a little more work before taking on a Klitschko. No need to rush such a fight.

Many thought Liakhovich was outworking Helenius and while that may have been the case, Helenius was scoring the heavier blows. From the beginning I did not see a chance for Liakhovich to last the distance but he put up a spirited, honest effort and gave Helenius the biggest test of his career so far.

Whatever you may say about Helenius, it is clear that he has developed into a puncher. It's not a question of outworking him or outboxing him, but surviving the 12 round distance against the steady assault.

Comment

Helenius is still a work in progress.

He didn't look so good in his first few pro fights, but has improved tremendously since that time. He seems to keep getting better with every fight. And of course he has world-class punching power, which can win fights like the one today (I had him behind on the scorecards).

If he stays focused, he will be a major force in the heavyweight division. It will be interesting to see who they put him in with next.

Comment

Helenius's technical skills might look suspect but he his resume sure the hell isn't. He has been fighting tough fighters from day-1. That's more than you can say about other prospects. Helenius and Fury are the top prospects right now.

Comment

First, you all have to give it up to the White Wolf, he fought his heart out like he always does and proved once again that he has a big heart. If he was any stronger, he would beat Helenius but Helenius has a hell of a beard.

Second, Helenius is looking like the real deal - 3 world champs in just 16 pro fights, big, strong, young, good combos, great defense. He is the biggest threat to Wlad since Sanders I think, eirily similar, except Helenius looks to be much better technically and physically stronger. Wlad will finally have his hands full but he still wins (of course).

Several points:

-Helenius footwork could use a lot of work, he is flat footed, unlike Wlad
            -Unlike Wlad, Helenius uses a lot more variety in his punches but for a such big man with a long reach, he should utilize that jab more, Wlad will beat him simply on that fact alone
            -Helenius is soft in the mid-section, which isn't an issue since Wlad is a head-hunter and Helenius looks to have a very strong beard
            -Helenius cover-up defense is similar to Abraham's which is not surprising since they have/had the same trainer

Comment

I am really dissapointed in Povetkin, he looked terrible. I don't know why that was a UD for him, looked like a draw at best, in fact I gave it to Chagaev. I am glad he won, no one wants to see Chagaev vs Wlad again, but he certainly didn't impress. Looked like a fix to me, as most Saureland fights are.

Povetkin looked soft and out of shape. Atlas was a ****ty ****ing corner, I mean he not only cannot communicate with Povetkin (the translator sucked balls because when Atlas told Povetkin "don't jump with the right hand", the translator said "don't work with the right hand" which mean two different things) but he gave absolutely zero advice to Povetkin, other than talk about non-sensical shiat like "fantasies".

Comment

Helenius called it the toughest fight of his career to date and commented on his inability to utilize his reach properly against Liakhovich.

Comment

I had The White Wolf winning the fight handily at the time of the stoppage -- he was really doing a number on Helenius's body. But Helenius is tough and can change the course of a fight at any time with those hands of stone!

I think if Chagaev hadn't have been so rusty he would have won easy over Povetkin. His timing was a bit off, but he hurt Povetkin more than Povetkin hurt him, as their faces showed after the fight.

Povetkin is going nowhere against the K-Bros -- he would get destroyed. Helenius has a shot, but he still needs some fine tuning.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
                    Helenius called it the toughest fight of his career to date and commented on his inability to utilize his reach properly against Liakhovich.
                    The White Wolf fought a brave fight as always, he is a warrior. Sometimes too brave for his own good. But he didn't hurt his stock any with this loss. He outworked Helenius for most of the fight. And he did it with a busted nose, it looked like.
                    Last edited by Grinderman; 08-27-2011, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X