No announcement yet.

Who's gonna win: Martinez or Chavez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's gonna win: Martinez or Chavez?

Hey guys, who do you think is gonna be the winner of this one?
    Martinez
    70.00%
    Chavez Jr.
    30.00%

Sergio....

Comment

I really can't tell who will win, because they both have such different styles, strengths and weaknesses. If I have to choose, I would give Martinez the slight edge, but not much.

Obviously Chavez is much bigger, stronger and from what I've seen in his last bouts, he has a tremendous chin and some serious body punching. His weaknesses are imo his speed and experience. Yes, he can punch with great power, but he has to connect and that is not easy with a boxer as fast and slick as Martinez.

Martinez in contrast has great speed, technique (his angles and footwork), slickness and overall a better physique. Most importantly, Martinez has much more experience on the highest level (although it looks pale in comparison with that of his (higher) peers in the pound for pound list) and that can become a significant factor in the later rounds. His power doesn't compare to that of Chavez and the question is if he's able to hold off Chavez the whole 12 rounds, because Chavez improved his ability to cut of the ring and as result to do his magic, meaning breaking people down with his ferocious body punches (which I love btw).

Overall, a great matchup and let the best win!

Comment

Its a 50-50 fight for me and it all depends on the size of the ring. Sergio is way better but Chavez size could be huge in a small ring. Right now I favor Martinez but not by much.
        Last edited by AnimalisticMeth; 08-25-2012, 11:00 AM.

Comment

It'll be a tough fight but im going with Martinez. But it's crazy how one win over the incomparable Andy Lee made Chavez Jr out to be a absolute monster according to NSB lmao

Comment

I was dead confident Martienz was gonna take it easy. If it wasn't his power it'd be his style but lately I'm thinking if Jrs chin holds up and he cuts the ring nicely while throwing his usual homerun punches he might just pull it off. 60-40 Martinez

Comment

its not going to be an easy night for martinez as a lot of ppl are expecting... JR is really big... and he has improved a lot.... Im picking martinez to win on points .... but its going to be a very very competitive fight..... I can see martinez getting hurt a few times ...

that being said.. .I still need to see how chavez is doing with his weight.... the dude is just too way f cking big to not have any weight issue....

Comment

Dont know who Jr has fought to say his chin will hold upbut so many are confident so ok but i was wondering why there are no pics if chavez working out or notes from his camp. Also no shirtless pics (no ****) to see what phase he is at 3 weeks away.

Amyway Martinez crushes this cheating fool.

Comment

el dinero de vaca

Comment

Even with his unbelievable re-hydration and super human ability to avoid drug testing on the day of the fight I still think that Chavez Jr loses a majority decision to Sergio Matinez. Unless he invokes Top Ranks power of making judges see only punches thrown by the fighter that Arum wants to win. If that happens its Chavez Jr by split decision with little to no upset from the media outside of an obligatory "wow" from Max Kellerman.

Comment

Working...
                    X