No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez: I Will KO Martin Murray In Eight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez: I Will KO Martin Murray In Eight

Sergio Martinez insists Martin Murray will not hear the final bell when they clash on Saturday night.

St Helens' Murray takes a big step up in class when he faces the WBC middleweight champion in front of more than 40,000 fans in Buenos Aires.

And Martinez says the British puncher will be flying back home empty handed – after he's been knocked out.

"We have watched tapes of Martin Murray’s past fights, he is a come forward boxer and will give me a good challenge in the ring, but it will not be enough," Martinez, who is boxing on home soil for the first time in over a decade.

"The way I see this fight playing out in my mind, I will KO Murray in the eighth round." [Click Here To Read More]

I won't doubt you champ! You'll let us know when your done.

Comment

I believe him lol

Comment

i wouldnt be so sure on that sergio!

murray is big for the weight and game as fook

war murray

Comment

I can c the logic...Murray is physically larger but absorbs a lotta shots...could b if Sergio steps up his offense...

Comment

I'll take 11

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised if it lasted half as long as he predicts.

Murray's a strong, game fighter who bullies his opponents but he's no Chavez Jr and will be eating punches from all angles, all night. I think Martinez will bamboozle him at times and stop him after dealing a lot of punishment.

Depends on how tentative Murray becomes after the first few rounds, he might last the distance. If he just tries to walk Martinez down he's getting fucked up.

Good to see the Brits getting their crack at world titles but why does it have to be the best champion out there?

Murray-Macklin-Barker-McEwan needs to happen asap! with Nick Blackwell, Billy Joe Saunders, John Ryder, Adam Etches & Chris Eubank Jr not far behind. Prince Aaron, Joe Selkirk... - I could go on, but damn, there is a lot of talent in that division for us.

Comment

Ill be impressed if Sergio gets a stoppage. Points win would be my bet but I can see him getting a ;late stoppage if Murray comes out of survival mode and tries to win. If he stands there and covers up all night then it will be hard for Sergio to break him but he will be at his best if Murray opens up and gives openings.

Barker and Murray didnt really engage Sergio at all which is why the both lasted until late but once Sergio finds his rythm and settles and his oppoents start to tire he takes over and starts hurting them. Hope its a clean KO and not a dodgy home town standing stoppage.

Comment

TeamMurray will shock all you pugilists on the 27th......

Comment

Hope ggg wins in fashion cuz sergio needs a good opponent

Comment

Working...
                    X