• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Tyson is #1

Because he is. . .

[IMG][/IMG]

Tyson is the man.

Comment

Mike Tyson is the reason I started watching boxing.

Comment

tyson is a machine
        no one gives the aura tyson had

Comment

I dont think anybody could have beaten a prime, determined tyson. Past or Present. Even future.

Comment

Originally posted by Esquire Dale View Post
            I dont think anybody could have beaten a prime, determined tyson. Past or Present. Even future.
            not even Ali?

Comment

Originally posted by Esquire Dale View Post
              I agree....

Comment

Mike Tyson was the last larger than lif figure boxing produced. He was entertaining to watch, interesting to listen to and a man that could literally intimidate through a TV. Also people sometimes diminish his reputation by letting the downward spiral of his personal life overshadow the fact that Tyson was a great athlete and in his prime he literally was a very defensive fighter that created incredible moments off inhuman defensive manuvers. When Mike was disaplined it was like he was in a cult and he really believed and perfomed to that expectation. Tyson is to blame at the end of the day but jesus the guy was the best thing boxing ever gave me and i'm so proud to be a fan of his and wouldn't trade my tyson experience for anything. Glad i got to witness it as a young man , a teenager and as an adult I finally got a taste of that pain Mike talked about because it was so hard to see my hero be taken down by time himself and the eventual end. I loved Mike so when he lost I felt like I lost, it was horrible but on the flip side when he won it sent waves through me and i literally was happy like I won. Mike had that ability and was that kind of champ his people really loved him...Prayers for Mike still getting it hard with the death of his child buit the guy hangs in there he dont kill himself or go ntty enough to get thrown in prison, he tries to clean up off drugs and do other things and thats Mike always gonna atleast try to win.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing_great View Post
                  not even Ali?
                  Who knows for sure, but most would agree that a prime Tyson had a very good chance based of his speed and power. Frazier did and to me wasn't even 1/4 of Tyson when talking speed. It doesn't matter the fact that Tyson has been even brought into this topic for so long is proof enough that he was at very least skilled enough to be mentioned in the same sentence as the Greatest so at worst Tyson is 2nd best at best he is the best, i can live with tha.

Comment

I love Tyson, but no Jone, most experts agree that Ali would beat Tyson easily. Read Ali by Thomas Hauser, he pitches this match up to Tyson's ex-team, to Ali's team, to Larry Holmes etc...there is a uninimous decision that Ali wins.

Tyson had the physical tools, but lacked Frazier's heart and courage.

Personally, I think Tyson could win 1/3 fights with Ali, but usually, Ali would win a UD or a late stoppage.

Comment

Working...
                    X