Collapse
No announcement yet.

tisis why soccer players are more athletic than American footballers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitting a baseball from a professional pitcher is still the hardest thing to do in sports.

Comment

i find it funny most of the people who are so sure about this have never played both sports competitively.

I have.

Its two different types of conditioning but i assure you both are equally taxing on the body.

Most of you are claiming athleticism is just straight cardio. Its a big part no doubt...but not everything.

I think you would be amazed at say someone like Lebron James is 6'8? like 240 i think? Dude could keep up with most professional soccer players in a foot race and probably last just as long on the field(as in cardio, not actually being good at the sport)...then afterwards he could bench press each player.

Then go to a shoot around for 2 hours

Basketball is VERY similar to soccer/footy in strategy...and also flopping

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightSpecial View Post
        i find it funny most of the people who are so sure about this have never played both sports competitively.

I have.

Its two different types of conditioning but i assure you both are equally taxing on the body.

Most of you are claiming athleticism is just straight cardio. Its a big part no doubt...but not everything.

I think you would be amazed at say someone like Lebron James is 6'8? like 240 i think? Dude could keep up with most professional soccer players in a foot race and probably last just as long on the field(as in cardio, not actually being good at the sport)...then afterwards he could bench press each player.

Lebron is around 265-270, last time he weighed 245 was when he was 18. Crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Soccer players generally look more fit than most football players, but the most athletic soccer players can't compete with the most athletic NFL players. I'm talking guys like Deion Sanders, Bo Jackson, Jerry Rice, etc the NFL players who could have chosen to play in any sport they pleased.
          I think Ocho Cinco tried that. I'm not trying to be funny here, but I've seen high schoolers a hundred times better than that guy.

Anyways, some of my coworkers and I were talking about this. Who is the most athletic athlete in the world? The funniest one was how LeBron is the most athletic man on earth and because of this he would dominate every sport in the world.

Comment

Soccer players are vastly superior to NFL players.

Comment

I have.

This is the silliest statement I've heard in a while. I really don't know who the very top athletes in the world are, but basketball and soccer are nothing alike.

Comment

lol soccer

Comment

I have.

TS didn't talk about Basketball. It is athletic but again running on a hard surface on a smaller court is easier than on a 100 + metre pitch on grass. Soccer has 1 break, with ONLY 3 Substitutions allowed per team (not player). Basketball has how many changes and breaks?

Comment

Working...
                  X