Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silva going on vacation until late 2013

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/86...ight-late-2013

I guess we probably wont be seeing GSP-Silva ever

"It is not my character to challenge anyone," Silva said. "It will not happen. I'm sure."
    It sounds more like he just doesn't believe the UFC or GSP are gonna want to make the fight. We'll see in a couple of weeks/months how that may change.

Comment

translation: he wants to get paid.

UFC will make him an offer he can't refuse and the fight will happen whenever the UFC wants it to.

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
        translation: he wants to get paid.

UFC will make him an offer he can't refuse and the fight will happen whenever the UFC wants it to.
        Sounds about right, but i would still rather see "The Spider vs Bones"

Comment

Sucks that UFC's top 3 fighters possibly wont fight each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Addition View Post
            Sucks that UFC's top 3 fighters possibly wont fight each other.
            Oh, but that's what makes UFC so much better than boxing, the top fighters are agglomerated under one roof and must fight each other, remember?

Well so they say.

Comment

He went out of his way to be friends with Jon Jones so that he could play the 'we can't fight as we're friends' card. Don't really have much sympathy with him that he can't get the GSP fight considering how reluctant he's been to fight challenging opposition at 205.

I hope the fight happens, but I'm just saying...

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                He went out of his way to be friends with Jon Jones so that he could play the 'we can't fight as we're friends' card. Don't really have much sympathy with him that he can't get the GSP fight considering how reluctant he's been to fight challenging opposition at 205.

I hope the fight happens, but I'm just saying...
                Silva is reluctant because his close friends and training partners are contenders in the 205. Machida and Lil Nog.

He doesn't want to get in the way of them getting a title shot. Especially if he wins, he doesn't want to fight his friends.

Comment

Silva is so much like floyd is ridiculous. The only thing not similar is Floyds obsession with money.

But their so badass one minute with the way they fight and dominate by starting slow getting your timing down and then picking you apart. Easily the most talented fighters in their divisions I dont favor NOBODY against them not even GSP or Jones.

But Dana will get it done. People give Dana so much shiiit but when its a fight the people really want he'll get it done. I expect it to be done in May. I rather see him fight Jones but GSP is the next best option.

I can't freakin stand Weidman he needs to beat Boetch and then the winner of Belfort-Bisping(Belfort by brutal KO) and then we can talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
                    Silva is so much like floyd is ridiculous. The only thing not similar is Floyds obsession with money.

But their so badass one minute with the way they fight and dominate by starting slow getting your timing down and then picking you apart. Easily the most talented fighters in their divisions I dont favor NOBODY against them not even GSP or Jones.

But Dana will get it done. People give Dana so much shiiit but when its a fight the people really want he'll get it done. I expect it to be done in May. I rather see him fight Jones but GSP is the next best option.

I can't freakin stand Weidman he needs to beat Boetch and then the winner of Belfort-Bisping(Belfort by brutal KO) and then we can talk.
                    Jone's may be a fake, which I am lead to believe must be so if so many around him say so, but Silva over him? Jones is the favourite easily.

Comment

Working...
                    X