Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How detrimental to a career is being knocked out cold?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pudgemeister View Post
    Duran, maybe?

It's so weird to be wondering if Pac has one more great fight left in him. The mighty have fallen.
    Yeah Hearns did slump him. He even went up and won in another division which is veryy uncommon.

Comment

didn't hearns win a world title after getting ko'ed by hagler? but he did get ko'ed eventually again by barkley...i trust pac has a strong mental mindset..he didn't let his two early ko losses get to him, he didn't let his loss to morales get to him,..so we'll see.

i just hope pac stays far away from the internet as possible.because alot of the jokes and insults might be funny to some of us, but it could devestate pac mentally i think.
      Last edited by Bermuda; 12-09-2012, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
        I cant remember many fighters from the past who came back to reclaim glory after going to sleep. In recent history it's been world shattering. We have Hatton, Khan, PWill, Diaz and now Pac. Will he be the one to make a full recovery in his psyche and career? Fighters tend to fade away quickly following brutal unconcious KO's. Are there any real success stories after short naps in the ring?
        Today's fighter just don't come back. Hearns came back from the Marvin Hagler Ko and Roberto Duran can back from the Hearns KO

Comment

Lennox was never knocked out cold fuking moron.

He got hit with a shot that would have killed a rhino.

He went down and domianted Rahman in the rematch.

Wlad on the other hand was beaten 90% to death by 3 different guys and is now an ATG.

Comment

Wladimir was down 13 times in his career.

Unless you are a complete fuking ******ed virgin you will know a substained beating is worst than a one punch KO.

Wlad was beaten up for 2 rounds against SANDERS ... NON STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
              didn't hearns win a world title after getting ko'ed by hagler? but he did get ko'ed eventually again by barkley...i trust pac has a strong mental mindset..he didn't let his two early ko losses get to him, he didn't let his loss to morales get to him,..so we'll see.
              Was he unconcious? I can name many that got Koed and made good.. Im talking sound asleep. I think it does something different when you're at the top or near the top of your game.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post

Wlad on the other hand was beaten 90% to death by 3 different guys and is now an ATG.
                Damn son. Someone need a hug.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                  I cant remember many fighters from the past who came back to reclaim glory after going to sleep. In recent history it's been world shattering. We have Hatton, Khan, PWill, Diaz and now Pac. Will he be the one to make a full recovery in his psyche and career? Fighters tend to fade away quickly following brutal unconcious KO's. Are there any real success stories after short naps in the ring?
                  Khan's not a good example since he went on to success, but then he wasn't out cold.

Comment

Duran wasn't KO'd out cold either. The initial reaction to the punch was that of a man that looked like he was dead, but once he hit the canvas, he was still some what moving around.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post

Really?! This seems pretty cold to me!

You are really something special!

Everything what you wrote afterwards doesn't have anything with this thread!

Comment

Working...
                      X