Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great exciting Heavyweight fights that was overlooked?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great exciting Heavyweight fights that was overlooked?

Friend was sending me some HW matches that most people overlooked and it was pretty interesting.

Lewis vs Bruno
    was a very good fight of the 90's. Frank Bruno was never more pumped up or ready then that night, he really hated Lennox Lewis and believed Lennox was a big fake Brit that crawled out of Canada/Jamaica. Lennox took some monster shots that night, and ended up showing big heart in finishing off Bruno.

Bowe-Golota 2:
    was also a great fight, the amount of punishment both guys took was pretty impressive and it was one of the few times Bowe's champion heart showed.

Lewis vs Mercer:
    was very exciting as well. For people who think Mercer won, just watch that fight, Lewis won the fight like 6-4. Mercer gave the best effort of his life though. The combinations Lewis threw in that fight I haven't seen any SuperHW throw ever.

Lennox Lewis vs Gary Mason.
    This is for SURE a overlooked fight that most people never even heard of. Gary Mason was a 35-0 Champion considered by many to be a very very dangerous elite fighter. Lennox was 14-0 and green as hell. Almost everyone thought Lennox was too inexperienced but he managed to slug it out for the big win. The ending was great as Mason's face was swollen shut and still trying to go for the knockout.

Wladimir Klitschko vs Corrie Sanders:
    this was a VERY UNDERRATED and exciting fight. Everyone need to youtube and watch this fight a few times. Wlad showed amazing courage in this fight, the first time he got knocked down by Sanders I thought he died the way he was just laying there, but he still got on to his feet. Fight was unreal, because sanders just knocked him down again and Wlad was crawling on his knees across the ring to get up again.

Lennox Lewis vs Prime Shannon Briggs
    is another great fight that was non stop exictment. This was the best version of Briggs and not the shadow skeleton Vitali fought, and Lennox went toe to toe in a slug fest.

Wladimir Klithscko vs Lamon Brewster
    This was a very exicting fight as well, Brewster literally set a trap for Wladimir for 5 rounds, Wladimir was very very aggressive back then and had non stop action. The ending was quite brutal though, this fight once again showed that Wlad's big heart was very overlooked, even when he was hurt he kept trying

Lennox Lewis vs Michael Grant
    This fight didn't last long, but it was worth more then most 12 round HW fights. Lennox took some HUGE HUGE HUGE Blows from Grant. Great fight
    Last edited by polarcub; 03-01-2012, 01:57 AM.

Come to think of it, a lot of good fights happened in the 90's in the HW division now that you look back.

Comment

Originally posted by polarcub View Post
      Come to think of it, a lot of good fights happened in the 90's in the HW division now that you look back.
      I've always said the 90's had some of the most wasted big men.

Ibeabuchi, Izon, Donald, Bowe, Hide, Tua, Grant...I could go on. Some decent to possible great Heavyweight's back then but they never used their talent's to the max.

Comment

Yeh now compile a list for the years 2000+ .....erm.......

Comment

Snipes vs Berbick.

Comment

Brewster vs Liakhovich (best heavyweight fight of last 10/15 years)
            Brewster vs Krasniqi
            Brewster vs Etienne
            Clay Bay vs Etienne
            Izon vs Tua
            Ibeabuchi vs Tua
            Mercer vs Cooper
            Moorer vs Cooper
            Holyfield vs Dokes
            Holyfield vs Stewart
            Foreman vs Stewart

Comment

Originally posted by MotorCityJaguar View Post
              Brewster vs Liakhovich (best heavyweight fight of last 10/15 years)
              Brewster vs Krasniqi
              Brewster vs Etienne
              Clay Bay vs Etienne
              Izon vs Tua
              Ibeabuchi vs Tua
              Mercer vs Cooper
              Moorer vs Cooper
              Holyfield vs Dokes
              Holyfield vs Stewart
              Foreman vs Stewart
              Brewster was exciting to watch. Going back a bit I enjoyed Patterson vs Chuvalo.

Comment

Working...
              X