Frankie Edgar doesn't lose fights.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frankie Edgar doesn't lose fights.

He just runs out of time!

Man I'd like to see a Edgar fight that doesn't end in a controversial decision one day. What's next for Frankie, Faber perhaps?

Originally posted by kaps View Post

Man I'd like to see a Edgar fight that doesn't end in a controversial decision one day. What's next for Frankie, Faber perhaps?
    Too bad this wasn't a long-distance track meet. Then Edgar would've been able to beat Aldo for sure.

Comment

There was nothing controversial about last night's main event.

Edgar does what he usually does, hang tough. But, being tough just could not cut it against the best '45lber in the world.

BTW, I was pulling for Edgar. I wasn't really impressed with how Aldo fought to victory.

Comment

Originally posted by King of Sting View Post
        There was nothing controversial about last night's main event.

Edgar does what he usually does, hang tough. But, being tough just could not cut it against the best '45lber in the world.

BTW, I was pulling for Edgar. I wasn't really impressed with how Aldo fought to victory.
        I thought it was close, most of the controversy is the 49-46 scores, which I didn't understand. I thought it was pretty clear that whoever the winner was it was a 48-47 fight...

Comment

I thought it was close, most of the controversy is the 49-46 scores, which I didn't understand. I thought it was pretty clear that whoever the winner was it was a 48-47 fight...
          Aldo won the first 3 rounds, and I can see a good case he won the fifth, as well.

Just because you land a bunch of paddy cake shots doesn't mean your strikes have the same effect. I thought Aldo landed a lot of hard strikes.

Comment

But it could mean you land more strikes and landing more strikes, even if they're not as hard, usually win rounds. Sounds like Edgar needs to learn to either start faster or start going for knockouts or submissions and take it out of the judges hands or at least attempt to take it out of the judges hands with some effective aggression, as they call it.

Comment

Frankie needs to stop acting like he got screwed after every decision that goes against him.

This one was a clear win for Aldo. No robbery.

still respect Frankie though for taking all those shots and still stay standing.

Comment

Pretty much exactly how I expected it to play out, if Aldo didnt KO him early then Frankie was gonna take it to him late and make it look interesting.

It was pretty obvious Aldo won the 1st 2 rounds as expected and Edgar took the last 2. Round 3 was so close and was the deciding factor but they got it right Aldo landed the cleaner harder shots.

Edgar definitely didn't really "lose" though. Tough close epic battle from Edgar as usual. He should definitely stick to 145 since Aldos really the only guy that I see beating him. And Aldo might move up soon even if he doesnt get a rematch.

Frankies way too fast and would box circles around Mendes, Zombie, Guida, Hioki, and Lamas. Frankie would earn a rematch in no time. I really want Aldo to move up though this way the perfect test and he passed with flying colors. I just feel he'd be a beast at lightweight being able to add more muscle and probably help his conditioning too.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                  Too bad this wasn't a long-distance track meet. Then Edgar would've been able to beat Aldo for sure.
                  Or Gracie rules...

Comment

Or Gracie rules...
                    That's a possibility. Although, if by Gracie rules you mean no rounds, time limits, and everything goes, Aldo would also have more weapons at his disposal to finish fights with, so sort of hard to compare. His tactical approach would also presumably be different.

Comment

Working...
                    X