Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frampton vs Molitor Bout is Set, Kiko Martinez Withdraws

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frampton vs Molitor Bout is Set, Kiko Martinez Withdraws

Matchroom Sport in association with Orion Sport can announce that Steve Molitor has replaced the Kiko Martinez for Betfair’s Judgement Day fight night at the Odyssey Arena in Belfast on Saturday September 22, live on Sky Sports.

The two-time World super bantamweight champion takes the place of the injured Spaniard and will challenge the Belfast star for his Commonwealth and IBF International titles on a bumper night of action in Frampton’s hometown.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Sooooooo Molitor is with Top Rank right? How does he get this fight done while feeding Marroquin to Rigo?

Comment

Why wouldn't Arum make Rigo-Molitor and Marroquin-Frampton. Makes WAY more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        Why wouldn't Arum make Rigo-Molitor and Marroquin-Frampton. Makes WAY more sense.
        I think by now it is crystal clear Arum has no plans for Rigo and people wonder why he's been fighting the opposition he has. Rigo getting shafted and the cold shoulder.

I really think he didn't/doesn't wanna put pressure on a bout between Rigo and Donaire by giving Rigo opponents worth a damn. He doesn't wanna risk losing his Filipino star....

Comment

Big step up for Frampton.

Comment

Huge opportunity for Frampton. Definitely not the sort of easy fight guys of his experience usually take.

Comment

Molitor has been around for an age though. So he could be there for the taking.

That said Frampton has a very solid look about him. I just can't imagine him unraveling once he does step up in class. Although, it would not be sensible for him to get in there with Rigo.

Comment

good matchup & it's nice to see molitor fighting again but he has never been the same since caballero destroyed him...

Comment

Working...
                X