Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haye coming back is a good thing for the division!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can you not like the king of the jungle.

david haye is a exciting fighter and brings the hype.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
      Anyone can twist and nitpick a career. Takes a dedicated bad post to somehow convert a David Haye thread into a petty Pacquiao/Mayweather argument. Should be ashamed...
      Yes and No...

It's a common and acceptable practice using comparison to establish precedent or trends. It is however relevant only if the comparison is accurate, which in this case, it most certainly is not.
      What he says about Haye though is not "nit picking a career". It is based on actuality.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
        I think he's similar to Pacquiao, in that he's actually bad for boxing. He's basically built off hype and promotion. He had a good career at CW, I'll give him that, but his relevance at HW is basically because he tied his name to a Klitschko, similar to how Pacquiao and TR tied their name to Floyd and played everyone for a fool for 4 years until Pacquiao got iced.

In fact Haye is exactly like Pacquiao. His HW career consists of beating up old, highly limited fighters coming off bad performances.

Monte Barrett- journeyman, KOed by Wlad 8 years prior, old.
        Nikolai Valuev- biggest joke in HW history, got a ridiculous gift decision over Holyfield.
        John Ruiz- old
        Audley Harrison- lol
        Wladimir- only legit opponent and he lost.
        Chisora- Mayorga or the HW division, talks and then loses fights.

Combine Haye's mouth, with his knockouts against less than spectacular competition, and Wlad's 'glass chin', he basically conned everyone and the results showed in the Wladimir fight. Where he ran away trying to land only one punch the entire fight.

The Klitschko's had to build their name, similar to Mayweather. Their success in the ring has shown.

Comment

Look at Haye run.............. wait a minute.
          Last edited by Jam Jars; 03-29-2013, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Welter_Skelter View Post
            Yes and No...

It's a common and acceptable practice using comparison to establish precedent or trends. It is however relevant only if the comparison is accurate, which in this case, it most certainly is not.
            What he says about Haye though is not "nit picking a career". It is based on actuality.
            Nitpicking and twisting is ofc based on actuality. You can see all the things he listed in more ways than he sees them, it's just his spin on it. Therefore, he shouldn't be using them as if they were fact.

....and yes. I think you're just playing the devils advocate on this one. You know certainly what I was getting at with his post. It'd be weird of me to claim that all comparisons of fighters in different divisions is bad, and shouldn't be assumed that way

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
              How can you not like the king of the jungle.

david haye is a exciting fighter and brings the hype.
              That's the problem: the hype is unwarranted.

Comment

Yeah, it's awesome. Let's hope he gets past the almighty Jovo Pudar!

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
                  That's the problem: the hype is unwarranted.
                  And Vits hype is? When was the last timeb he was exciting and took a fighter out? Peter in 2008?

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                    Yeah, it's awesome. Let's hope he gets past the almighty Jovo Pudar!

I'd bet all my points it would be more exciting than Vittles vs Charr. You wanna bet?

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                      And Vits hype is? When was the last timeb he was exciting and took a fighter out? Peter in 2008?
                      Vitali is the WBC champion. He doesn't need to be hyped, you donkey.

Comment

Working...
                      X