Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quality vs. Quantity: Who has the better resume?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broner.

Alvarez beat Rhodes and Cintron, his only wins worth mentioning. Rhodes was an ehhh fighter really, and Cintron was coming off a one sided loss.

Broner beat Ponce, Litzau, Perez, and Escobedo. Ponce could have gone either way, Litzau was coming off beating Caballero, Perez was his mandatory and was in the Top 10 too, and Escobedo was an ehhhh fighter at best.

It would easily have been Broner if Ricky Burns would have fought him last fall, and Broner will be fighting DeMarco now too.

I just feel Broner should get a little more credit for taking a big step up against Ponce at 21, in a close fight. It was no robbery, it could have gone either way really. Ponce landed more punches, Broner landed the cleaner punches. Ponce won the early rounds, Broner the middle rounds, and no one really stood out in the late rounds. Than, Litzau and Perez were both at least in the Top 10 at 130, and Broner dominated them easily.
    Last edited by 4Corners; 09-26-2012, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Hell of a debate. What's worse, vomit or diarrhea.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        Hell of a debate. What's worse, vomit or diarrhea.
        Hahaha spot on Bushbaby! But if I had to pick I'd say Broner, Ponce looked good in his last fight and is a far better fighter than the man who got knocked out by Juanma Lopez, its strange how he has improved at his age.

Comment

thread title should have been "who has the worse resume?" because there's nothing good about it.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
            I give Broner more credit for Litzau than most people do. He was coming off a great win over Caballero. I only vaguely remember watching the Ponce fight and I didn't think it was the robbery people made it out to be.

Still not sure about the better resume though. I'm leaning towards Broner.

ponce came out slicking his way around southpaw, and he made for some close rounds early on. broner had him pretty well figured out by the middle of the fight, but he was still ahving trouble laying effective punches on him.

i scored it for broner, but it was a close fight.

it's also one of the worst fights you'll ever see

they've both got solid resume for young fighters. nothing to write home about, but certainly nothing to scoff at for a college aged kid. it's their status that people have a hard time with.

i'm also starting to figure this out :
            bsceners find issues with other people's success. when a boxer is successful they'll go to greater lengths to discredit him.
            Last edited by New England; 09-26-2012, 12:29 PM.

Comment

I think it's clearly Broner.

Neither have good resumes for where they are in their career but Broner's is better than Alvarez'.

Comment

josesito broke Ortiz's jaw. How people forget so soon..... Canleo FTW

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  I think it's clearly Broner.

Neither have good resumes for where they are in their career but Broner's is better than Alvarez'.
                  for top earners they don't have the demands made of them, but for 22 year old kids their resumes are fine. now is the time that they should be stepping up. if they dont make big steps within the next couple of fights i'll start to dock them much more seriously for their lack of competition. broner also needed to grow. there's rarely money at 130, where broner was huge and very potent. now that he's grown into 135 the motivation to put him in with better fighters will be there, along with bigger paychecks.

edit :

broner just turned 23 evidently. happy bday , le-bron

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
                    josesito broke Ortiz's jaw. How people forget so soon..... Canleo FTW

lol

are you joking, or being serious?

Comment

Ponce beat Broner. That close fight BS it is fan boy speech. Beating Escobedo and Litzau is not better than Rhodes, Cintron and Mosley. Mosley and Cintron were shot, but they are still better than Litzau and an undersize Escobedo. If you going to include Escobedo in the talk, I am with Cleto, you should include Josesito.

Some of you like to dismiss the records of fighters you dislike and try to boost to fighters you like. No discussion should be taken serious because their resume are not good at all. Talk about them ten years from now. They still have a lot to prove.

Comment

Working...
                      X