No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Guillermo Rigondeaux's Next Fight is Pushed Back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Guillermo Rigondeaux's Next Fight is Pushed Back

WBA interim-super bantamweight champion Guillermo Rigondeaux (8-0, 6KOs) is not going to fight in South Florida on August 19, according to his co-promoter Luis DeCubas Sr. There were two venues being considered for the area but there were scheduling conflicts with both venues. ESPN was on board to televise the contest as part of their Friday Night Fights series.

[Click Here To Read More]

come on this dude just needs 2 get n the ring.

Comment

Hopefully to 2020! Boring ass!!! Give me Gamboa or Franco any day of the week!!!

Comment

Rigondeaux isn't boring, just because of that fight with Cordoba?. If you appreciate true art of boxing he is great to watch

Comment

just got back from cuba and found out that rigondeaux fought with gamboa 3 times in cuba and rigondeaux won all three fights !!! its crazy cause the cubans tell me gamboa got his ass handed to him by rigondeaux and i tell them that gamboa is the man in the U.S. in his weight class with no losses and they laugh and tell me hes got 3 losses in cuba

Comment

Originally posted by gito7127 View Post
            just got back from cuba and found out that rigondeaux fought with gamboa 3 times in cuba and rigondeaux won all three fights !!! its crazy cause the cubans tell me gamboa got his ass handed to him by rigondeaux and i tell them that gamboa is the man in the U.S. in his weight class with no losses and they laugh and tell me hes got 3 losses in cuba
            yea but the amateur game is very different, rigondeaux style was perfect for the amateurs, not saying it isnt in the pros but i think gamboa would have a pretty good chance in the pros

Comment

que mal llevada que esta la carrera de Rigondeaux. Si no pelea por titulos tendria que hacer 6 peleas por anio. Y mientras espera las peleas por los titulos hacer peleas aunque sea contra boxeadores ex campeones que esten viejos, boxeadores clase B y C, pero tiene que pelear

Comment

I didn't even know that Rigondeaux was supposed to be fighting anyone on August 19. The article doesn't name an opponent. I suppose that means they were going to set Guillermo up with a "stay busy" opponent. "El Chacal" needs to fight quality opposition often, if he's not fighting for titles. His last fight was March 19. I wouldn't call the first round demolition of Willie Casey "work." Rigo needs to fight soon.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  I didn't even know that Rigondeaux was supposed to be fighting anyone on August 19. The article doesn't name an opponent. I suppose that means they were going to set Guillermo up with a "stay busy" opponent. "El Chacal" needs to fight quality opposition often, if he's not fighting for titles. His last fight was March 19. I wouldn't call the first round demolition of Willie Casey "work." Rigo needs to fight soon.
                  yea it was gonna be a tune up and then the rico ramos destruction would be next

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
                    yea it was gonna be a tune up and then the rico ramos destruction would be next
                    Do you know if they had someone in mind?

Comment

Working...
                    X