No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Ball in Cotto's Court on Chavez, Margarito Bouts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum: Ball in Cotto's Court on Chavez, Margarito Bouts

According to Top Rank CEO Bob Arum, WBA 154-pound champion Miguel Cotto will have the full court advantage on which opponent he'll face in the fall on pay-per-view. In the coming weeks, Arum plans to sit down with the representatives of Antonio Margarito and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. Arum will put together two offers and bring them to Cotto's legal adviser, Gabriel Peņagaricano. Cotto will them make a decision based on the financial numbers of the two packages.

[Click Here To Read More]

Arum is going to make it in the best interests of Cotto to choose Chavez over Margarito. Thus, Chavez able to dodge the Sergio Martinez bullet without looking like he ducked the fight.

Comment

All bull**** aside, will Cotto make as much and generate as much interest with JR as he would with Margorito? Seems like Cotto fans are with it, but will the numbers and money be on par with the Margorito fight?

Comment

Originally posted by j.one View Post
        All bull**** aside, will Cotto make as much and generate as much interest with JR as he would with Margorito? Seems like Cotto fans are with it, but will the numbers and money be on par with the Margorito fight?
        Don't think that JCCJ will generate more interest/money for Cotto than Margarito!!!

Comment

Nobody wants to see Cotto vs Chavez Jr.

The only fight to see is Cotto vs Margarito 2.

Nobody wants to see Martinez destroy 180 lb Chavez either.

Comment

We want Cheato! Cheato! Cheato!

Comment

The ball's not in his court until he has formal offers, of which he has none at this point.

I'd rather see the Margarito fight obviously, but it doesn't seem stable. Like what happens if they sign that fight and then Margarito pulls out in like August cause he hurts his eye sparring? If I'm Cotto, I go with the sure thing.

Comment

LOL at scumbag Arum having no problems on any of JCC and AM coz they're on the same stable

I'd prefer a Marg-Cotto rematch

Comment

cotto's a warrior - and in truth that's his problem...

so i think he'll want margarito.... if had a brain - he'd fight chavez.... chavez is the easier fight, and probably the bigger payday.... he can demand more of the purse, plus don't discount mexican payperview buys.

margarito will just end cotto's career.
                  Last edited by hvirk; 06-07-2011, 07:33 AM.

Comment

If I'm Cotto I want the Margarito fight. Avenging ones loss should take precedence over everything, & what more perfect way than gauge his skills with a man who pushed him to the edge. Two gladiators slugging it out... surely this fight is more exciting than the Jr one guys.

Comment

Working...
                    X