No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Gonzalez Needed One More Round To Win Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: Gonzalez Needed One More Round To Win Title

Promoter Eddie Hearn said challenger Jose Gonzalez needed to win one more round to secure a twelve round decision victory over WBO lightweight champion Ricky Burns in Glasgow, Scotland. Gonzalez started quick and built a strong lead after outboxing Burns in the first half of the fight. He hurt Burns in the seventh and appeared to exhaust himself by trying to finish the Scottish boxer off. After doing nothing the following two rounds, Gonzalez refused to come out for the tenth.

[Click Here To Read More]

I agree i think he was tired as hell

Comment

Comment

How would winning another round made any difference? He was already ahead on the scorecards and then quit on his stool. He could have won every round and it wouldn't have mattered. Gotta finish the race to win. Maybe Jose should start petitioning for 9 round championship fights instead of 12 rounders.

Comment

Originally posted by ramblingalp View Post
          How would winning another round made any difference? He was already ahead on the scorecards and then quit on his stool. He could have won every round and it wouldn't have mattered. Gotta finish the race to win. Maybe Jose should start petitioning for 9 round championship fights instead of 12 rounders.
          if gonzalez was managed by al haymon that would happen.

Comment

lol 1 more round come on gonzalez was up 7 rounds to 2 easy burns didnt break no 1 heart he got exposed and if you think gonzalez is lying go back and look he kept flexing his hand

Comment

I want to see what those cards looked like before he quit

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
                lol 1 more round come on gonzalez was up 7 rounds to 2 easy burns didnt break no 1 heart he got exposed and if you think gonzalez is lying go back and look he kept flexing his hand
                Burns broke him with an uppercut a minute into the 7th round.

Comment

Gonzalez could have been up by 9 or 10 points, but that ain't worth S H I T if he's gonna fold like a taco & give up on his stool!!! He's a CUR!!! He either left his BALLS & HEART here on the Island in Toa Baja(his hometown) or he borrowed Calderon's or Abner Cotto's!! Rocky Martinez should have lend Gonzalez his pair!! Even thou Gonzalez did better than what I thought for the first 6 rounds, after that 7th he was gassed & started looking very sloppy.. I had a feeling Gonzalez wasn't going to live up to the hype(here on the Island) cause he was feed tomato cans & B class fighters & then thrown into a level he never seen before & when he felt the pressure, he decided to stay hanging out in his corner! Even his corner was upset!!

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                    I want to see what those cards looked like before he quit
                    He was up 87-84 on all 3 cards before he quit like a little B I T C H!

Comment

Working...
                    X