Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is dawson deserving of a rematch @ 175 if ward moves up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is dawson deserving of a rematch @ 175 if ward moves up?

ward already beat his ass and made him quit and some people say he was drained.dawson said he would fight ward at 168 though and wasnt forced to go down like some others fighters make others do.it was fully his choice,dawson was not even competitive with ward at 168 where he pretty much lost every single round before getting KD'd and eventually quit.

with that being said does he even deserve a rematch at 175 or did his fight with ward at 168 pretty much shadow what would happen with 7 more pounds???
    yes
    66.67%
    no
    33.33%
    Last edited by STAX ON DECK; 12-18-2012, 04:26 AM.

He would be the best available opponent at 75..... Campillo would also be intriguing imo

Comment

It would only serve to shut people up who keep saying Dawson was drained. Dawson said he was fine, his strength and conditioning coach said the weight came off no problem, even after the fight. I'm inclined to believe the guy who actually cut the weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
        It would only serve to shut people up who keep saying Dawson was drained. Dawson said he was fine, his strength and conditioning coach said the weight came off no problem, even after the fight. I'm inclined to believe the guy who actually cut the weight.
        i mean its a possibly that he was drained but it was his fault for going down by that much. they should have met in the middle at a catch weight or something,and to be clear theres only one type of catch weight i except and thats if both fighters are willing and its helpful to both fighters. so pac draining cotto/margarito etc is not the same

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
          ward already beat his ass and made him quit and some people say he was drained. dawson said he would fight ward at 168 though and wasnt forced to go down like some others fighters make others do. it was fully his choice.

dawson was not even competitive with ward at 168 where he pretty much lost every single round before getting KD'd and eventually quit.

with that being said does he even deserve a rematch at 175 or did his fight with ward at 168 pretty much shadow what would happen with 7 more pounds?
          Chad Dawson will crack your glass jaw.

Comment

No, Bad Glass Jawson is not deserving of a rematch

Comment

Of course he is...

Comment

Sure. Not only was he badly drained last time, he was also KTFO by Miranda a week before the fight.

He can only do better next time.

Comment

There are more interesting fights IMO but CD is the lineal champ at 175 so yes for two reasons.

Win or lose tt clears up any questions about CD being drained (even though he called Ward out)

and

Ward becomes champ at 175 if he wins (which he would)

Comment

Uusally if a fighter got dominated and then quit I dont think he would be deserving of a rematch under normal circumstances.

This one is an exception though as despite his terrible effort he did meet all Wards demands to make the fight happen so Andre should return the favour as he should have with Mikkel Kessler. However unless theres something in the contract I dont think ward would ever take it. I dont like Dawson but he took a risk and it wouldnt have happen if he didnt take risks. He should be rewarded by getting a return rather than punished for trying to break the mould of only defending in fights guaranteed to win and not taking risks.

Comment

Working...
                    X