No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juanma: If The Suspension Sticks, My Career is Over

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Juanma: If The Suspension Sticks, My Career is Over

Former two division world champion Juan Manuel Lopez believes his career could be over if Boxing Commission of Puerto Rico refuses to lift a possible one-year suspension. The commission placed a temporary suspension on Juanma; punishing the boxer for his comments related to referee Roberto Ramirez. Following his TKO loss to Orlando Salido on March 10th, Juanma called Ramirez "a gambler" and claimed the referee was influenced by his betting habits to stop the fight in the tenth round.

[Click Here To Read More]

Yes he did defame the ref, but juanma did apologize and his team did acknowledge he was wrong. Just accept the apology and let the guy box. He learned from his mistake and would not behave like this again. Give the guy a 2nd chance.

Comment

There's a good chance that he won't get suspended - business being the main reason. He's young and has a strong crowd behind him so he can still generate a lot of money.

It's (almost) all about bui'nezz.

With that said, I hope that he can cope better with a loss in the future instead of acting stupidly. I have no doubt in my mind that if his team didn't held him back in the first fight with Salido (when bottles flew in the air), then he would have smashed Roberto Ramirez Jr (the ref).
      Last edited by Main Source; 03-21-2012, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Would the commissions in different places honor the PR commissions suspension? Juanma could just fight out of PR for a year if not.

Comment

If ur allegations stick the refs vareer could be over

Comment

I think his career may be over

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
              Would the commissions in different places honor the PR commissions suspension? Juanma could just fight out of PR for a year if not.
              I was going to say the same thing. Is he just looking for sympathy saying this?

Comment

looking back at his last fight, juanma's career is going nowhere...whether he's suspended or not, juanma was never the same...he's over...

Comment

Go ahead retire Salido owns you anyway,

Comment

First I will point out the the PR commission has dealt with this issue extremely professional, especially when taking into account that it's one of their own! I'm sure that the WBC and the Mexican and Texas commission would be behaving the same way... wink, wink...

Second, prior to Juanma making the allegation (numerous times) he was still trying to get his senses from a brutal and concusive Knock down. If he would have been involved in a car accident, this would have been a non-issue for he would have been rushed to the ER.

All Juanma needs to say is the thurth... I was brutally KO and my faculties were impared! I don't see any commission that would not understand that in boxing, people get hurt and often times don't remember what happend after a KO.

Having bored everyone one with my opinion... I add my last two cents. Juanama got KO not becuase of the ref... but his own lack of boxing skills and failed gameplan. He needs the year off! He needs to change corners and learn how to be more than a one arm hit wonder.

Comment

Working...
                    X