No announcement yet.

Cotto vs Forman and Martirosyan vs Greene just passed.. No one brings up OST

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j.one View Post
    You don'tfind any irony in the fact that a man on one leg with 8 ko's wouldn't quit in a fight he was losing, while Cotto quits in fights he's winning? Imagine if the ref hadn't let Cotto quit vs Margarito? Foreman didn't want to himself but his cornber tried to throw the towel and jumped in the ring to stop the fight and were not allowed, that isn't Cotto's fault but he showed no improvement on defense and was getting smacked up by a non puncher on one leg and based off this performance we are supposed to believe he can fight any legitimate fights at 154? this performance doesn't even help him at 147 the punchers there may still tee offon him he showed no improvement on D at all, Cotto's glancing shots early made him stumble but the knee already had a brace on it before the fall, this fight did not show that Cotto is back and can handle pressure and has improved on defense, yes he won clearly but the fight was a disgrace being that Foreman was hurt and the ref insisted the fight go until Cotto scored a KO.
    No, I don't.

Foreman's most significant punches came early on, I think it was round two or three, before his knee went out. So no, he wasn't getting smacked up by a one legged man. Foreman's worn a brace before, but he wasn't a one legged man going into the fight because of it.

Obviously this fight didn't show whether or not he can take pressure now, he fought a guy who's the exact opposite of a pressure fighter.

He's D improved a little. He wasn't a whole lot and since he wasn't putting all his weight over his front foot and leaning over, he won't be as open to uppercuts.

Comment

Originally posted by j.one View Post
      100% agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He was still getting marked up by a man on one leg who wasn't even allowed to stop fighting even if he wanted to, the fight was a disgrace and Cotto looked like he has made no improvement on defense whatsoever. This was a Top Rank "Event" so of course there was no OST they wouldn't even allow Foremans corner to throw in the towel after his knee was clearly ****ed up. The highlights are funny as well from HBO as well...

I think maybe you're being a little harsh on Cotto because the TS is maybe being a little too positive about Cotto's performance.

Yuri's knee didn't give out until the 7th round and he was still losing that fight 5 rounds to 1 (2 if you wanna be generous). Cotto's defense has never really been the greatest, but at this point that's not something that will get fixed overnight if not ever. In comparison to Cotto's last few fights, he did look much better.

Comment

if Foreman used xylocaine for his right leg before the fight he probably would have saved his zero

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
          I think maybe you're being a little harsh on Cotto because the TS is maybe being a little too positive about Cotto's performance.

Yuri's knee didn't give out until the 7th round and he was still losing that fight 5 rounds to 1 (2 if you wanna be generous). Cotto's defense has never really been the greatest, but at this point that's not something that will get fixed overnight if not ever. In comparison to Cotto's last few fights, he did look much better.
          I wasn't joking about his defense not improving at all, he still looks very easy to hit and ineffective when he cannot get set to punch. Any real fight even with a guy like Spinks would be very difficult being that he cannot fight going backwards and is so eay to hit even a guy like Spinks would be a nightmare for him at this point. As I said it's not Cotto's fault the ref insisted the fight continue until Cotto scored a KO, but his performance against a one legged man is his fault and showed that he has improved really at all outside of his jab which wasn't a real huge issue anyway, he's always been effective with it.

Comment

Working...
          X