Duran! Duran! Duran!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
      Duran! Duran! Duran!
      cosigned!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
        Duran! Duran! Duran!
        What!!!!!!!!!, Roberto Duran and the band Duran Duran are related ???

Comment

Not Joe Gans

I have watched all available video of Joe Gans & read just about all the articles on him I can find, I can't find any info that would justify rating him in a top 10 hardest puncher category, he was a Boxer, not a puncher, he may have hit hard, but not in the top 10 at all.

Comment

Not some others either!

Ortiz, no way, top 10 or 15 hardest puncher, & Benny Leonard, where & how are you getting your info what are you basing it on, I've watched all of Leonards available video Ortiz, & read all I could find, neither known at all for anything that would justify placing them, top 10 0r 15 hardest punchers at LW, Nazarov & Mancini hit hard, should be moved up, yes for sure,

Comment

Has anybody mentioned Chris Calvin? Could punch real good, didn't do so good when guys (like Greg Haugen) took his punch.
              I don't think you'll find the hardest puncher by looking at the very best guys. Sure, Duran could punch but there wasa lot more to him than that, and a real big chunk of his power was his brain, his ability to apply the power. I suspect that, in each division, if there was a way to know for sure, the hardest punching guy would be somebody that was 34-19, with 29 kos, and was kod 14 times.

Comment

More Punchers

I agree Valero never proved his power at LW but at JLW yes a top 10 puncher, at LW what about Sean O'grady, he proved he had solid power belongs on the list, & definitely Rodolfo Gonalez ranks very high in the top 10.
                Roberto Elizondo & Jack Mcauliffe deserves mention in at least a top 15.

Jimmy Paul Jose Luis Ramirez, both deserve to be on any list, & I would rate many of the ones mentioned so close in power that it would be a virtual tie among many on my list.

Also Juan Manuel Marquez, & Freddie Pendleton Vinny Pazienza has to be top 15 at least.

And Ali Funeka & Michael Katsidis, Nate Campbell Frankie Randall would be very high also.

And you forgot Miguel Angel Gonzalez, & Victoriano Sosa, Lakva Sim, and Austin Gibbons had a ton of power & hit hard, I would rank him just below all the ones I mentioned, but I saw every fight of Harry Arroyo, being from his area, & saw him train, spar & in the amateurs, & he hit very hard, but as I said, I would rate it just below all the above, but by rating some like Gans & Ortiz, all your going on is their popularity & high rankings all time in the division as Gans could be ranked anywhere in top 5 form #1 on down & I would not argue, but he would not rate a top 10 hardest puncher list, & same goes for Ortiz, top 10 or for sure top 15 all time LW, but not topping any hardest punching list.

Comment

Ad Prescott to the list!

I would have to add prescott to any LW hardest punching list somewhere but definitely top 20, maybe 15, not sure about top 10.

Comment

no order here. i'm going with mostly modern LW because they can gain so much weight after the weigh in

oscar de la hoya
                    shane mosley
                    alexis arguello
                    ike williams
                    diego corrales

and the best, imo: roberto duran.

you know who else could really bang?
                    arturo gatti.

Comment

Roberto Duran
                      Lew Jenkins
                      Ike Williams