No announcement yet.

Girlfriend buying gloves??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girlfriend buying gloves??

Alrite guys, I have the best gf ever shes buying me some new boxing gloves. I want to get the best gloves out there since price is not a problem lol..anyway ive always wanted grant after researching they will custom make them for $425 18oz, but lately ive been hearing that Winning has the best training pillow like gloves out there..can i have some feedback on which gloves are better for training and hand protection

My missus bought me a pair of 10oz Winnings about 2 years ago.

They still feel like brand new, the quality is excellent.

I probably could have gone the 16s instead but love the 10s regardless and train with them 4-5 times a week.

Comment

Originally posted by XxLeftHook_ View Post
      Alrite guys, I have the best gf ever shes buying me some new boxing gloves. I want to get the best gloves out there since price is not a problem lol..anyway ive always wanted grant after researching they will custom make them for $425 18oz, but lately ive been hearing that Winning has the best training pillow like gloves out there..can i have some feedback on which gloves are better for training and hand protection
      DAMN! Your girlfriend sounds like marriage material.....does she have a sister?

Comment

Damn op, breaking your gf's bank?

Originally posted by Mathiaz View Post
        DAMN! Your girlfriend sounds like marriage material.....does she have a sister?
        Maybe....or maybe op is simply notmarriagematerial/10 lol

Winning gloves are good for trainingg, but no reason to spend that kind of bucks on training gloves. I doubt op is at that level where winning gloves are necessary.
        Last edited by ~AK49~; 10-01-2012, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Money View Post
          My missus bought me a pair of 10oz Winnings about 2 years ago.

They still feel like brand new, the quality is excellent.

I probably could have gone the 16s instead but love the 10s regardless and train with them 4-5 times a week.
          Yea Ive alot of ppl say the quality is great, how much did yours cost? Im probably going to get winning ..grant are nice too but i think they might be overhyped just because floyd wears them..

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
            Damn op, breaking your gf's bank?

Maybe....or maybe op is simply notmarriagematerial/10 lol

Winning gloves are good for trainingg, but no reason to spend that kind of bucks on training gloves. I doubt op is at that level where winning gloves are necessary.
            I train alot and I agree winning or grant are too expensive, but shiiiiit i cant so no to free ones..I knw your ass wouldnt say no also.

Comment

Originally posted by XxLeftHook_ View Post
              You can get custom Mexican gloves for a fraction of the cost of grant gloves. The white/burgundy/gold are my custom JC Pacheco.

Last edited by Gonzalez_Boxing; 10-02-2012, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan-O-Mac View Post
                You can get custom Mexican gloves for a fraction of the cost of grant gloves. The white/burgundy/gold are my custom JC Pacheco.

but are they of the same quality?

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
                  but are they of the same quality?
                  I received my JC's a few weeks ago, and I have to say so far they are on par with the Grant gloves I used to own. Having owned both gloves, in my opinion, Grants are overpriced. Only time will tell how the Pacheco's hold up in the long run. I'll be picking up a pair of Zepol gloves in the next week or two.

Here's a guide of a few unknown Mexican brands. it's from a distributor of Mexican gloves. He post on another site I frequent.

I must say Reyes and Seyer are the best constructed Mexican gloves.

Zepol. Narrower than Reyes IMO have the best design of the Mexican gloves, extremely comfortable, very soft leather and 100% natural latex padd.
                  Seyer. Narrower than Reyes, great quality construction, short cuff, in the begining are stiffer than all the other Mexican brands, very protective because its padd is hig compressed natural latex.
                  Casanova. Wide in the pocket, very protective and great support to the wrist.
                  JC Pacheco. Very, very nice gloves, great protection, stiff gloves in the begining, close in quality construction to Reyes and Seyer.
                  Morales, good gloves for hard training
                  Boxeo. Very Comfortable gloves all made in goat leather, well pad, a little "ugly" gloves, but very long lasting ones, Nacho Beristain have a lot of gym equipment by Boxeo.
                  All the Mexican boxing gear are made to last and for comfort.

Last edited by Gonzalez_Boxing; 10-03-2012, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X