No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer To Propose Tournament To HBO, Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Schaefer To Propose Tournament To HBO, Showtime

Richard Schaefer, CEO for Golden Boy Promotions, is planning to approach HBO and Showtime with the idea of staging a tournament at 147-pounds. Schaefer plans to have conversations next week with HBO and Showtime, regarding a tournament involving 4 to 8 welterweight fighters.

[Click Here To Read More]

The fact that Malinaggi and Alexander is in it just totally tarnishes it and makes it worthless and uninteresting.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      Richard Schaefer, CEO for Golden Boy Promotions, is planning to approach HBO and Showtime with the idea of staging a tournament at 147-pounds. Schaefer plans to have conversations next week with HBO and Showtime, regarding a tournament involving 4 to 8 welterweight fighters.

[Click Here To Read More]
      Tournaments are always fun, but I'm not sure those are the fighters I want to see in a tournament (with the exception of Maidana and Mathysse, ofcourse). We'll see what they come up with before I give my full opinion.

Comment

More Tourneys! It's the way fwd for us punters and the general health of the sport. If it's anything like the bantam weight and Super six then it will be good

Comment

Only 4 and a half years too late.

Margarito
          Cotto
          Mosley
          Floyd
          Clottey
          Williams

Thats what it should have been.

Now, its just a one man and one sissy tourny,

Manny
          Floyd

and we all know that is never going to happen.

Comment

A 154 tournament is what needs to be made.

Comment

meh...i dont wanna wait 3 years to see who wins the battle of the B-levels at 147

Comment

A Tourney to see who will make top 10 at 147

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  meh...i dont wanna wait 3 years to see who wins the battle of the B-levels at 147
                  Maybe you want to read through the article before making a comment next time.

Richard clearly states that he wants to have the tournament take place over a 3 month period.

Say what you want but a tournament is a perfect way to get these guys to fight each other. Otherwise these guys will be just posturing for years without really fighting one another.

Comment

Just Golden Boy Fighters??? NO THANK YOU!!! That list of potential fighters is VERY WEAK!

Berto should be in that, as well as Mike Jones, Kell Brook, Jan Zaveck, Brad Solomon, Sebastian Lujan and Said Ouali

I wouldn't put any of those Golden Boy Fighters above those fighters as far as ranking them as Welterweights considering that they haven't did **** at Welterweight

Comment

Working...
                    X