No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Jr. To Return on May 5, MGM Grand on Hold

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather Jr. To Return on May 5, MGM Grand on Hold

Boxing adviser Leonard Ellerbe has revealed that WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. (42-0, 26KOs) intends to defend his belt on May 5, 2012, and the MGM Grand in Las Vegas has been placed on hold. On September 17th, Mayweather returned from a 16-month layoff to stop Victor Ortiz in four rounds.

[Click Here To Read More]

Come May 5th, it will be the 5 year anniversary of the highest grossing and most bought PPV in history, Mayweather vs De La Hoya. Cinco De Mayo parties and celebrations will be already taking place on this Saturday evening. Pacquiao will be coming off of an action packed win against JMM. Mayweather will be coming off of a win against a young power punching southpaw Victor Ortiz. Both of their PPV's will have had 1.3mill+ buys. HBO's 24/7 will be used for the build up to both of their last fights and will also be used for this mega fight. Golden Boy and Top Rank will come together without dispute and the atmosphere will be perfect to create the biggest bout in history.
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 11-02-2011, 11:07 PM.

"stop playin wit mah emotions, Smokey"

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      "stop playin wit mah emotions, Smokey"

Mark my words Mak, its gonna happen exactly like this.

Comment

Comment

sounds good to me.... i'd rather JMM upset pacquaio tho TBH lol...

Comment

I think you're on the money about this one...everything seems to be slowly falling into place.

Comment

Lets hope this happens.

Comment

mayhaps~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Come∂ian View Post
                  Come May 5th, it will be the 5 year anniversary of the highest grossing and most bought PPV in history, Mayweather vs De La Hoya. Cinco De Mayo parties and celebrations will be already taking place on this Saturday evening. Pacquiao will be coming off of an action packed win against JMM. Mayweather will be coming off of a win against a young power punching southpaw Victor Ortiz. Both of their PPV's will have had 1.3mill+ buys. HBO's 24/7 will be used for the build up to both of their last fights and will also be used for this mega fight. Golden Boy and Top Rank will come together without dispute and the atmosphere will be perfect to create the biggest bout in history.
                  @is this fight before or after the court case that pacqiao has filed???

Comment

for the sake of boxing let the fight happen

Comment

Working...
                    X