• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cotto..........

Comment

Cotto.

Watch the Magic Man film.

Once the adrenalin wore off, Paul collapsed into a world of morbid hurt.

Cotto beat him up real good. Amazing to think Paul actually outboxed him in a number of rounds. Malignaggi's heart in that fight was right up there with any shown in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
        Hatton and its not even close
        Paulie's biggest issue in that fight was having no confidence in his hands whatsoever = no offence and nothing to keep off a constantly oncoming tank like Hatton.

However, he didn't take a hellacious beating, was limiting the damage with awkwardness and there was nothing to suggest he couldn't have seen it out to the final bell.

If anything, it's the least brutal of the three.

Comment

Cotto is the hardest puncher out of the 3

Comment

Cotto did the most damage to Paulie, but that was the most competitive fight.

I honestly think Hatton beat Paulie up better than the other two.

I thought the stoppage in the Hatton fight was better than the stoppage in the Khan fight to be honsest.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
              Cotto did the most damage to Paulie, but that was the most competitive fight.

I honestly think Hatton beat Paulie up better than the other two.

I thought the stoppage in the Hatton fight was better than the stoppage in the Khan fight to be honsest.
              I'll tell you why I disagree.

The official's stoppage vs. Khan felt merciful, ie. Paul was going downhill in there fast, he was unable to spoil much and it was starting to get unpleasant to watch.

McGirt's stoppage felt like a principle stoppage. He's not a trainer who would be especially tolerant of his fighter having almost zero offense. It didn't feel merciful, because Paul was spoiling to limit the damage and it felt like he could have gone the full 12 without any grave danger.

Notice how Paulie kicked up a huge fuss about being stopped vs. Hatton. A little resistance out of stubborn pride vs. Khan, but much less so.

I assume the threadstarter's question to mean who gave Paulie the worst physical beating rather than who won most comprehensively, though.

If we're arguing the latter question, then I say Khan. Malignaggi was effective in spoiling and limiting the damage Hatton could put on him, but the Khan fight was becoming sickening by the finish, Paul's head was snapping back from the jab constantly. That was a *real* clinic and a mercy stoppage from a pretty hardened official IIRC.

Comment

Cotto broke his puurty face

Comment

If we're talking who gave him the worst physical beating, there's not even an argument it was Cotto.

Watch Magic Man. The footage at the end when Paul starts circling his dressing room in morbid pain and then slumps down is kinda sickening. They were screaming for an ambulance in there.

Nobody ever hurt him that bad before or again.

Comment

Paulie held in the Cotto and Hatton fight enough to get DQ'd.

Comment

Even though Cotto injured Paulie's face, that fight was relatively close. I had it 7-5 Cotto.

Khan outclassed him the most thoroughly. Hatton only lost the first round to Paulie but it wasnt quite as impressive as Khan's performance

Comment

Working...
                      X