Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are TRT exemptions allowed in MMA, but not boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhibit A. I dare you to tell me he wasn't abusing his TRT exemption.

Last edited by BUNGALOWS; 05-15-2013, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
      Or is it, and we just don't hear about it?

Don't get me wrong, I despise PED's either way, but isn't that kind of strange that MMA is the only sport in the world that allows TRT exemptions?
      I think you know the answer yourself. It's probably every bit as widespread in boxing, just no one talks about it. Fighters could always roll out the usual excuses but people would still know what's what.

One thing I'm curious about in the run up to this weekend is whether or not Peterson is still on TRT? If his condition was legit (as he claimed, obviously it wasn't) wouldn't make sense for him to be using it? Or did the 'condition' suddenly disappear after he got caught?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
        I think you know the answer yourself. It's probably every bit as widespread in boxing, just no one talks about it. Fighters could always roll out the usual excuses but people would still know what's what.

One thing I'm curious about in the run up to this weekend is whether or not Peterson is still on TRT? If his condition was legit (as he claimed, obviously it wasn't) wouldn't make sense for him to be using it? Or did the 'condition' suddenly disappear after he got caught?
        That's what I'm worried about as well. If he does indeed have a TRT exemption, there's no way he's not using it.

And I wasn't being sarcastic at all. I really didn't know boxing had a TRT epidemic like MMA. You rarely hear about it in boxing.

You visit an MMA site, and they're all over it. You know who's on it, and who's not. With boxing, you don't know who's on it.

Comment

isn't one of floyd's closest friends the owner of a bunch of TRT clinics?

Comment

Or is it, and we just don't hear about it?

Don't get me wrong, I despise PED's either way, but isn't that kind of strange that MMA is the only sport in the world that allows TRT exemptions?
            Because UFC stands for ...U F'ing Cheating ?

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
              isn't one of floyd's closest friends the owner of a bunch of TRT clinics?
              Yeah, Don Hale. They were hair replacement clinics I think, but what they do is administer massive doses of medical grade testosterone to clients/patients. Sometimes they're anti-aging clinics but the principle is the same.

These clinics have doctors assess people and refer them for treatment. If you want the treatment, there are doctors you go to who'll prescribe it for you.

This is an article on Don Hale's business - http://www.prlog.org/10208884-hrc-me...placement.html

Pioneers in the industry of health and beauty rejuvenation, HRC Medical Centers, under the helm of brothers Don Hale & Dr. Dan Hale, have treated thousands of patients to restore their health and vitality through bioidentical hormone replacement.

Research of patients coming to HRC shows that hormone replacement is not only for females going through menopause. "We have had a very large range of age of people needing hormone replacement--from ages 22 to 91!" shares Don Hale, President and CEO of HRC Medical Center. "This therapy is not exclusive to women--men are coming in and experiencing dramatic results! We have 2 male celebrities coming to HRC for treatments and they cant believe how good they feel!"
              I bet they can't.

Founded in 2005 by Dr. Dan Hale and Don Hale, HRC Medical Center provides the latest in anti-aging techniques. Specializing in Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy, Hair Restoration, Lipodissolve, lipo-pulse Lipodissolve and vaser, HRC is the most advanced and largest center of its kind in the Southeast. Centers are located in Nashville, Knoxville and Memphis, TN and additional centers in Grand Rapids, MI and Fairfield, OH. Visit www.hrcmedical.com.

Comment

Yeah, Don Hale. They were hair replacement clinics I think, but what they do is administer massive doses of medical grade testosterone to clients/patients. Sometimes they're anti-aging clinics but the principle is the same.

These clinics have doctors assess people and refer them for treatment. If you want the treatment, there are doctors you go to who'll prescribe it for you.

This is an article on Don Hale's business - http://www.prlog.org/10208884-hrc-me...placement.html

I bet they can't.
                Good find. To think Floyd isn't doing something is incredibly naive. The guy looks physically better and stronger than he's ever looked before.

Comment

TRT is for guys who have abused roids so they're nuts don't work anymore. So it prospers to be a Cheater

Comment

Good find. To think Floyd isn't doing something is incredibly naive. The guy looks physically better and stronger than he's ever looked before.
                    It seems logical, just as on the balance of probability it seems logical that the Pac camp's flip-flopping on the testing issue was because they had something to hide too.

Certainly that's what the Hauser article was saying (regarding Floyd), because he explicitly referred to the medical documents that Pacquiao's lawyers asked for, and the medical documents would only be relevant in the case of a TUE. As a Nevada based combat athlete any TUE Mayweather would have would most likely be for TRT.

It wouldn't make him the scum of the earth or anything, it's not like TRT is some Armstrong level stuff, and it wouldn't change the fact that Floyd is an incredible boxer. But it would be pretty significant nonetheless, especially when you think about Floyd's own anti-doping rhetoric over the past few years.

Comment

It seems logical, just as on the balance of probability it seems logical that the Pac camp's flip-flopping on the testing issue was because they had something to hide too.

Certainly that's what the Hauser article was saying (regarding Floyd), because he explicitly referred to the medical documents that Pacquiao's lawyers asked for, and the medical documents would only be relevant in the case of a TUE. As a Nevada based combat athlete any TUE Mayweather would have would most likely be for TRT.

It wouldn't make him the scum of the earth or anything, it's not like TRT is some Armstrong level stuff, and it wouldn't change the fact that Floyd is an incredible boxer. But it would be pretty significant nonetheless, especially when you think about Floyd's own anti-doping rhetoric over the past few years.
                      Exactly. That's what bugs me the most.

Comment

Working...
                      X