No announcement yet.

watching my lamon brewster collection

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• watching my lamon brewster collection

he had lots of great fights but i can see why hes done now.he took alot of bombs in his career....my biggest question was he hired jesse reid as his trainer & he destroyed golota & knocked out krasniqi impressively & then he replaced him with buddy mcgirt & lost to liakhovich & got killed by wlad in the rematch...inactivity was a problem but man he looked good with reid.reid made him go on offence instead of taking 3 punches to land 1....must be a reason for the change but it didnt work

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
    he had lots of great fights but i can see why hes done now.he took alot of bombs in his career....my biggest question was he hired jesse reid as his trainer & he destroyed golota & knocked out krasniqi impressively & then he replaced him with buddy mcgirt & lost to liakhovich & got killed by wlad in the rematch...inactivity was a problem but man he looked good with reid.reid made him go on offence instead of taking 3 punches to land 1....must be a reason for the change but it didnt work
    Be sure to check out the Wlad fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Stone Roses! View Post
      Be sure to check out the Wlad fight.
      i own & have watched both fights several times....man he took bombs...but wlad just gave up the first fight.he was exhausted & just quit in my eyes because he was discouraged that lamon took his best & didnt fold but he crushed him in the rematch...the meehan & krasniqi,liakhovich fights were excellent

Comment

I met Jessie Reid at the Gamboa and Lara card 2 years ago. He hates McGirt guts because of that exact move

Comment

Originally posted by flyest1 View Post
          I met Jessie Reid at the Gamboa and Lara card 2 years ago. He hates McGirt guts because of that exact move
          it was a terrible buisness\career move...reid had him being relentless

Comment

could you post the meehan fight, i couldn't find it in the block before. haven't been able to find it anywhere.

Comment

Brewster had a tough beard and a stong punch, good champion. I am not into conspiracy theories but I think Wlad is telling the truth that he felt poisoned the first fight. I mean he was beating Brewster from pillar to post and all of a sudden gets tired. I wouldn't put it past DK to do something shady like that. Here is the evidence:

1) The way Klitschko was dominating and the just collapses.
              2) The blood tests post fight came back abnormal.
              3) The water bottle that was tainted was sent to a lab for testing and dissapeared.
              4) Last moment large bets on Brewster.
              5) Don King's general shadiness (they guy killed two people for starters).
              6) Wlad is not the type to make **** up.

Comment

Originally posted by WladIsTheChamp View Post
                Brewster had a tough beard and a stong punch, good champion. I am not into conspiracy theories but I think Wlad is telling the truth that he felt poisoned the first fight. I mean he was beating Brewster from pillar to post and all of a sudden gets tired. I wouldn't put it past DK to do something shady like that. Here is the evidence:

1) The way Klitschko was dominating and the just collapses.
                2) The blood tests post fight came back abnormal.
                3) The water bottle that was tainted was sent to a lab for testing and dissapeared.
                4) Last moment large bets on Brewster.
                5) Don King's general shadiness (they guy killed two people for starters).
                6) Wlad is not the type to make **** up.
                i disagree completely...brewster rocked him with a straight right ,left hook combo at the end of the 5th that got a standing 8 count.he was done after that.the ropes held him up...wlad had a history of punching himself out & if you watch brewster fight his inside left hook was comparible to david tua's....he got rocked & has been down 13 times in his career....wlad just made excuses...i give him credit because he changed his style right after that fight & hasn't lost since...that night there was no shady stuff,he just got caught by a beautiful left hook he never saw coming & he was exhausted.he was throwing 80 punches a round.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                  i disagree completely...brewster rocked him with a straight right ,left hook combo at the end of the 5th that got a standing 8 count.he was done after that.the ropes held him up...wlad had a history of punching himself out & if you watch brewster fight his inside left hook was comparible to david tua's....he got rocked & has been down 13 times in his career....wlad just made excuses...i give him credit because he changed his style right after that fight & hasn't lost since...that night there was no shady stuff,he just got caught by a beautiful left hook he never saw coming & he was exhausted.he was throwing 80 punches a round.
                  I am going to have to watch that fight again. Wladimir gassed hard, and that's atypical of him. I don't think Brewster did anything or acceded to anything anyone else might have done, but that seems to be just the kind of thing don king would do.

I gotta give props to Brewster for giving Wlad a rematch, though. Wlad was dangerous even in the first fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuurzhaelan View Post
                    I am going to have to watch that fight again. Wladimir gassed hard, and that's atypical of him. I don't think Brewster did anything or acceded to anything anyone else might have done, but that seems to be just the kind of thing don king would do.

I gotta give props to Brewster for giving Wlad a rematch, though. Wlad was dangerous even in the first fight.
                    watch it & at the end of 5 the right left combo rocked wlad...but it was wlad who wanted to avenge the loss & made a voluntary ibf title defence vs lamon following the austin fight.i just watched it an hour ago...wlad did not recover

Comment

Working...
                    X