Marquez vs Donaire at 135... Why Not...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
    Good find,

Donaire dwarfs alot of his opponents. Looks alot heavier on fight night.
    Donaire's been beating up on little guys way too long. He looks like their older brother in the ring. He needs to man up and fight at 130-135. I ain't disputing his skill and power. He's got that. But I'd like to see him fight guys his own size.

Comment

Juan is 40 no way in hell he can go back to 135..he should retire

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        Doniare is 5' 5 1/2". He's Gamboa's height. Yuri looks ripped at 130; Nonito looks soft at 122. I think Gamboa's pushing it at 135. Imagine Donaire.
        Paul Williams was 6'2-6'4 bout Arreolas height..should he have been a heavyweight?

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
          Yeah what happened to Oscar again?
          That's what I'm saying. You never know how well a "smaller" guy will do against a "larger" guy until you put them in the ring together.

Manny vs Oscar
          Manny vs everyone above 135
          Guerrero vs Berto

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
            Paul Williams was 6'2-6'4 bout Arreolas height..should he have been a heavyweight?
            You're a ******.

Comment

Donaire is not to big for for 122 at all. In fact he is a bit soft at 122 judging by his weigh in photos. Donaire has moved up many times and should stay at 122. He is 30 years old so his growing days are over. He could fight comfortably at 118 and only went to 122 to get better fights. Marquez looked leaner at 143 pounds at the weigh in for his last fight than Donaire looked at 122 for his last fight. Marquez is about a 20 lb. bigger man than Donaire so it is not a fair fight.

Comment

This makes no sense, there are weight divisions for a reason.

Donaire has a lot of business left to finish at 122 pounds, there's no reason for him to jump 4 weight classes to fight Marquez at a weight I'm sure Marquez can't even make comfortably.

Donaire should fight Mares and Rigondeaux, Marquez should fight Bradley or Danny Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by El Chicano View Post
                  You're a ******.
                  donaire is 5'5"1/2 and he weighed 129lbs on fight night against jorge arce...this is not the same as chavez jr coming in as a cruiserweight on fight night for a middleweight fight..donaire is not a HUGE super bantamweight. if he can make super bantamweight comfortably and not look like a skeleton at weigh-in then what's the problem?

Comment

I believe Marquez could still make 135 and fight well but Donair could still make 115 and fight well. The two men are about 20 pounds apart in correct fighting weight. Some act like Donaire is cheating fighting at the weights he does.If he makes weight then he is not cheating. He wins his fights because he is better, not because he is bigger. If he was to big for the weight then he would be weak and ineffective and that's obviously not the case.

Comment

Originally posted by El Chicano View Post
                      That's what I'm saying. You never know how well a "smaller" guy will do against a "larger" guy until you put them in the ring together.

Manny vs Oscar
                      Manny vs everyone above 135
                      Guerrero vs Berto
                      I mean at hind sight, people were saying that that fight was stoopeed.

Comment

Working...
                      X