Collapse
No announcement yet.

James Degale V Andre Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, the British pride is really coming out! To think that a guy with a total of 11 wins that lost to the best fighter he ever fought is going to beat a world class proven champion like Ward is ridiculous! Ward wins in the US. Ward wins anywhere. Ward wins now. Ward wins anytime. Ward wins no matter the weight

Comment

• Arum said he has met with super middleweight contender James DeGale (16-1, 11 KOs), a 2008 British Olympic gold medalist, and is interested in signing him. "He's a very nice guy and he wants to sign with us," Arum said. "I'm interested but I'm not interested in buying a lawsuit." Arum said he is still doing his due diligence to see if DeGale is still under contract to British promoter Mick Hennessy but that if he is a free agent, he'd like to sign him. "He's a very good fighter, but I know he's not the most exciting guy in the world. He'd certainly be a good opponent for [champion] Andre Ward. There's a lot you can do with him."

What's Bob's interest in signing DeGale and having him lose to Ward anyway?

Maybe DeGale is only interested in signing to get the shot at Ward? Could this fight happen this year?

It would be funny if Ward came to the UK to fight DeGale on C5.

Comment

Degale would be totally outclassed and stopped by Ward easily

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          • Arum said he has met with super middleweight contender James DeGale (16-1, 11 KOs), a 2008 British Olympic gold medalist, and is interested in signing him. "He's a very nice guy and he wants to sign with us," Arum said. "I'm interested but I'm not interested in buying a lawsuit." Arum said he is still doing his due diligence to see if DeGale is still under contract to British promoter Mick Hennessy but that if he is a free agent, he'd like to sign him. "He's a very good fighter, but I know he's not the most exciting guy in the world. He'd certainly be a good opponent for [champion] Andre Ward. There's a lot you can do with him."

What's Bob's interest in signing DeGale and having him lose to Ward anyway?

Maybe DeGale is only interested in signing to get the shot at Ward? Could this fight happen this year?

It would be funny if Ward came to the UK to fight DeGale on C5.
          Good to see DeGale is trying to get a bigger promoter. There's only so far Hennessy can take you it seems. Although if I had the choice between getting rid of Hennessy and getting rid of that bum trainer Jim McDonnell, it would be McDonnell all day.

Comment

Are you guys being sarcastic or idiots? Sometimes it's hard to tell here. Ward easily beats Degale for the next 5 years and maybe longer than that. Two completely levels of fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjames616 View Post
              Are you guys being sarcastic or idiots? Sometimes it's hard to tell here. Ward easily beats Degale for the next 5 years and maybe longer than that. Two completely levels of fighter.
              Bear in mind this is a 3 year old thread (although it might well have been sarcasm).

DeGale would be a good comeback fight for Ward, and a good opportunity for JDG. Coming back from injury is the best time to fight him although I'd be surprised if the fight was made that soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                James DeGale would embarrass Ward in front of his home crowd just like he did to Paul Smith

DeGale is the one
                Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                Nothing has changed. DeGale will take the throne from Ward unless Ward decides to move up and duck him.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  Ward calls himself the Son of God eh?

That's quite an apt name because DeGale would crucify him and he wouldn't be ressurrected for at least 3 days.

Comment

Working...
                  X