Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If it's true, how the hell did Guerrero talk himself into a Floyd fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He also called him out with his own mouth

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by dc6112 View Post
      Plenty of rumor about Floyd facing the Ghost. What the hell has Guerrero done? I give Floyd full credit for fighting Cotto. Cotto was one of the best and most deserving opponents Floyd has fought in recent years. But who was he sandwiched between, if Guerrero is next? Two guys who got tough decision wins over Andre Berto at 147, and that's all they've ever done at welterweight. Come on Floyd. Dare to be great again, like you did when you fought Cotto.
      come on dude, if you know post here or read these forums enough you know that GBP and TR rarely co-promote fights. you'll never see Floyd in with a TR fighter, it will never happen

So after eliminating the entire welterweight stable over at TR, who do you have left at 147 for Floyd to face on May 4th that's available?

Berto, Ortiz, Alexander, Malignaggi, Guerrero, I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple others (it's 3:15am right now, cut me some slack). out of those guys, who makes the most sense for Floyd to fight?

this isn't hard to figure out, but it seems to be really easy to ignore and still complain about

Comment

Guerrero did what Floyd didn't do at welterweight. Moved up two divisions and fought the #1 welterweight in the division (a real welterweight) proceeded to fight the next best welterweight. Back in the day when Floyd first moved to welterweight he made a jr. welterweight fight him at welterweight.

Cotto was already done as a top fighter against Floyd. I think everyone was surprised at Cottos performance but every fighter has one last fight in them and the Mayweathaer fight was Cottos last good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by bose View Post
          Guerrero did what Floyd didn't do at welterweight. Moved up two divisions and fought the #1 welterweight in the division (a real welterweight) proceeded to fight the next best welterweight. Back in the day when Floyd first moved to welterweight he made a jr. welterweight fight him at welterweight.

Cotto was already done as a top fighter against Floyd. I think everyone was surprised at Cottos performance but every fighter has one last fight in them and the Mayweathaer fight was Cottos last good fight.
          Let me get this right, Aydin was the #1 welterweight. Did I miss something?

I didn't see him fight Mayweather or Pacquiao so who is #1 welterweight you speak of?

Comment

Originally posted by fatmash View Post
            come on everyone well all know floyd picks his opponents purely on risk vs reward

its all about money !! ............... guerrero will take the lowest cut but will still have some whiff of legitimacy

martinez is a super fight ! there pretty much the same size !! he will take a low cut too even ........................................ but risk vs reward guerrero is better !

it makes me sick !!

Comment

Guerrero would be a good tune-up fight for Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Galarga View Post
                Guerrero would be a good tune-up fight for Floyd.
                It's come to this, tune ups on PPV. SMH.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                  they are , dont forget the divison his last fight was in , or what he weights on the night of the fight !!

hes happy fighting littler men , he should reach for greatness !

Comment

Working...
                  X