No announcement yet.

If you were a trainer and trained you son as a pro fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you were a trainer and trained you son as a pro fighter

Could you sit there and watch your son get dominated,bloodied,and basically beat pillar to post? Would you stop the fight instantly? jump in out of instinct? or try to get your son to fight through even though if could mean his health or even his life?

I would want my kid to get an excellent education and get a high paying job and pay top $$ to watch fight up close live. I wouldn't train him as a boxer.

Boxing might be a hobby when he is an adult.

Comment

No,....
      as soon as he started getting beat I would want to stop it.

Which would end up hurting his career

Comment

I intend to but if he was getting beat that badly I'd stop it there's a difference in quiting and your corner knowing when it's time to stop.

Comment

A father training his son has to be one of the hardest job's in the world.

Comment

Shane Mosely's dad was fine with in. Ruined him.

Comment

I'd teach him to move his head every once in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
                I would want my kid to get an excellent education and get a high paying job and pay top $$ to watch fight up close live. I wouldn't train him as a boxer.

Boxing might be a hobby when he is an adult.
                This. My kids will be educated and will be the ones in the front row as a SPECTATOR, not a boxer. I'd allow them to use boxing training as a form of work out but that's about it.

Comment

my son will try it,sure ill teach him but the moment he turns to me and says"dad i dont want to do it"thats when he will stop!i wont let him if he says that to me i want my kid to be smart and i for sure wont put any pressure on him.

Comment

Originally posted by eurochamp View Post
                    A father training his son has to be one of the hardest job's in the world.
                    I train my son. I love training training him, most of the time. It's great way to spend time with each other working together towards a common goal.

When he competes, I get more nervous than him. I prefer (where possible) to let one of the other coaches corner him as I know my judgement will be impaired. I make sure I have nothing to do with matchmaking too, he boxes whoever the head coach decides, otherwise it would tempting to pick and choose his opponents.

I nearly stopped his last bout as his new gum shield was causing him to be sick during the fight. Several times throughout the bout, he had to cover and take a bit of a beating for a few seconds till he had stopped being sick in his mouth. However, he managed to get through it and lose by majority.

He's only 13 but says he wants to turn pro when he's older. Must say, I'm not looking forward to him fighting professionally (long way off, I know and he may well change his mind). If he does turn pro, I would certainly want to continue training him then at least I know his training would be to the required standard and he would be fully prepared.

I'm hoping by the time he's a man, I will be able to stop worrying about him so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X