No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Devon Alexander Should Be Fully Recovered in Six Weeks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Devon Alexander Should Be Fully Recovered in Six Weeks

Kevin Cunningham, manager and trainer of IBF welterweight champion Devon Alexander, advised BoxingScene.com that his boxer should be fully recovered in six weeks from a right bicep injury.

Earlier today Alexander (21-1, 13KOs) withdrew from a scheduled defense against Kell Brook (29-0, 19KOs). The fight was set to headline a Showtime televised card on February 23rd in Detroit.

[Click Here To Read More]

Masonic Temple, huh? Illuminati!

Comment

was really looking forward to this. bummed right now.

Comment

no tickets were sold for the Alexander fight

this fight was a complete financial disaster with huge losses for the promoter. Cable wasn't going to show a fight in an empty arena. less than 280 tickets were puchased. Alexander was from St. Lois and brook from fricking England. Detroit made zero sense. there was no injury Alexander pulled out to save the embarrassment of no fans and empty bare arena.

Comment

Originally posted by fredhopple View Post
          this fight was a complete financial disaster with huge losses for the promoter. Cable wasn't going to show a fight in an empty arena. less than 280 tickets were puchased. Alexander was from St. Lois and brook from fricking England. Detroit made zero sense. there was no injury Alexander pulled out to save the embarrassment of no fans and empty bare arena.
          Hopefully they do it in STL. I'd make the short drive up from Nashville.

Comment

That has never stopped Golden Boy. They usually just give tickets away to save face.

Bernard Hopkins vs Chard Dawson
            3888 tickets sold, 4521 comps,

Tarver vs Kayode, Wright vs Quillin
            1,200 tickets sold, 5810 comps

Robert Guerrero vs Aydin
            2891 tickets sold, 3126 comps

And I doubt there would be any loses when most of the money is made from premium cable money.
            Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 02-04-2013, 08:27 PM.

Comment

wtf man first judah garcia... now this....

smh.... wtf is going on man

Comment

arena was too big no tickets sold

If the fight was in a small venue the 280 tickets might have been okay. This was a total embarrassment for the promoters and Showtime. a farce. the fight should have been in St. Louis. Brook sold zero tickets and Alex but a handful. total disgrace the ticket sales

Comment

If the fight was in a small venue the 280 tickets might have been okay. This was a total embarrassment for the promoters and Showtime. a farce. the fight should have been in St. Louis. Brook sold zero tickets and Alex but a handful. total disgrace the ticket sales
                  I see Ticketmaster gives you the option to buy 50 tix at a time

Comment

Alexander-Brook was going to be in the undercard I believe. The main event is Cornelius Brundage vs Ishe Smith. Brundage is from Detroit.

EDIT: I was wrong. Alexander-Brook was the main event, but I doubt the sales were as bad as you were saying because K9 is fighting in his hometown.
                    Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 02-04-2013, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X