Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outside of Floyd, is there currently a more well rounded fighter than Andre Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outside of Floyd, is there currently a more well rounded fighter than Andre Ward?

Andre's fight game is so versatile. He can fight on the inside, the outside, fight going backwards, and his defense is very good. I think the guy is special. He and Floyd are easilty the most complete fighters in the game imo.
    Yes
    50.00%
    No
    50.00%

I've seen Anselmo Moreno look really good fighting in a variety of ways. Bradley can fight in any way he needs to.

Not sure if they belong above Ward, but they deserve a mention at least.

Comment

I would say maybe there are guys I don't know, but from all the fighters I have watched Ward is clearly the most well rounded guy in his prime and not named Floyd Mayweather Jr..

It will be interesting to see what he tries to do with Dawson because Dawson does have some advantages specifically a big range advantage, assuming Dawson is healthy and able to utilize it properly of course. That can be tough to overcome for even a well rounded guy but since he does have options it is not impossible (even if Dawson is at his best).

Comment

If Ward was a white fighter from the Ukraine, he'd be the most beloved fighter in Oakland, Germany.

Wait..

Whut?

Comment

Yes probably, and he's arguably more complete than FMJ.

It will be interesting to see how he deals with Chad Dawson, every fighter poses a different challenge and this is the year of upsets...

Comment

Broner seems very well rounded

Comment

Probably not, but there are others who are also very well rounded that you could make an argument for, like Anselmo Moreno. I think that too many people compare Andre Ward to Floyd Mayweather considering their lack of similarities. They do have some, like they're both very smart, well rounded and versatile but I think their styles are very different. For example Floyd comes forward a lot more and doesn't clinch or use dirty tactics. I think Andre Ward will probably be the next p4p king after Floyd but he is far more comparable and similar to Bernard Hopkins than Floyd.
              Last edited by JK1700; 07-27-2012, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by george benton View Post
                Broner seems very well rounded
                against bums, but yeah de leon doesnt agree with that statement

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                  If Ward was a white fighter from the Ukraine, he'd be the most beloved fighter in Oakland, Germany.

Wait..

Whut?
                  wtf are you on about?

Comment

Ricky hatton , became pretty (rounded)! Lmbo arreola and toney also lol but seriously i cant think of anyone as complete as mayw and ward. Use to seem like dawson was becoming pretty rounded, but.. That changed

Comment

Working...
                    X