No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ward Reacts to Rodriguez Public Request for VADA Tests

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ward Reacts to Rodriguez Public Request for VADA Tests

Getting the Andre Ward-Edwin Rodriguez fight made didn’t come easy as there were lengthy negotiations between both sides with money being one of the main issues. The press conference to officially announce the fight took place Saturday afternoon in Manhattan Beach and even though all particulars appeared to have been ironed out, Rodriguez brought a new one to the table much to the surprise of those in attendance.

“I’m signing up for VADA testing for this fight so when I do beat Andre Ward, everyone knows I’m clean. And my question is, is Andre Ward willing to do that as well? I have a sponsor who’s sponsoring the testing. It will be free of cost to Andre. Free of cost to me. I’m trying to be in a clean sport. I don’t believe he’s dirty at all. I think he’s a great fighter but will he take a stand? I’m taking one” said Rodriguez. [Click Here To Read More]

Chris Robinson will point out Ward's suspiciousness like he did JM Marquez in 1......2........NOT!!!!

Comment

Why didn't Ward just say: Sure I'll take the test. Let's work it out.

Instead he spoke in a roundabout way.

I'm sure he still got BALCO convict and doping boss Victor Conte on his payroll BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Why didn't Ward just say: Sure I'll take the test. Let's work it out.

Instead he spoke in a roundabout way.

I'm sure he still got BALCO convict and doping boss Victor Conte on his payroll BTW.
        still mad that kessler lost?
        Last edited by illmaticfighter; 09-30-2013, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Take the test

Comment

Ward never answered the question of whether he's taking the tests. Is he?

Comment

"I have no problem taking random tests"

- Ward

But I agree with him. If Edwin wanted random testing they should have bought it up in negotiations and not by putting him on the spot at the press conference.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post

- Ward

But I agree with him. If Edwin wanted random testing they should have bought it up in negotiations and not by putting him on the spot at the press conference.
                He said he had no problem with it before the Froch fight, too. He didn't take the tests though, not that I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post

- Ward

What's the problem? Ward could just say: "Sure. Let's work something out."

Instead he positions himself to be a suspect.

Comment

Hope he takes the tests.

I always find it suspicious when a fighter avoids testing, especially when Victor Conte is around you.

Comment

Working...
                    X