No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brandon Rios an Ambassador, Helping Kids With Cancer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Brandon Rios an Ambassador, Helping Kids With Cancer

Los Angeles, CA – Boxer “Bam Bam” Brandon Rios has just joined forces with PADRES Contra El Cáncer as one of PADRES’ new Ambassadors of HOPE. Rios, who has been supporting the organization since the fall of 2011, came on board with the goal of launching a national fundraising and awareness campaign in the boxing community, highlighting the importance of childhood cancer and PADRES’ programs and services.

[Click Here To Read More]

he kinda bragged that he helped people at the press conference today, but it wasn't even like that, good for boxing that the biggest **** talker is the humanitarian. looked good on weight today too so i think brandon is gonna put on an impressive performance saturday.

Comment

Well, that's nice of him.

Comment

I follow him on facebook and twitter and the guy's a class act. He goes out and does charity events for them, visits them, runs marathons for them and raises money.
        Also he loves talking to fans too. Gabion from here almost hooked me up with a meeting with him in NY last december until I couldn't go. I'd love to meet that dude someday.

Comment

How is Rios an ambassador? And how the hell is he "helping" kids with cancer?

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
            How is Rios an ambassador? And how the hell is he "helping" kids with cancer?
            Brandon helped us out this summer by auctioning off a signed glove from his last fight. There was very little talk about it then. I spoke with him personally and dealt with his team. They are all very sincere and genuinely just want to help. He really went all out to help us raise money. He sold signed pictures on his website for "Ella" ( the 4th old with now terminal cancer we were raising money for). He did what he could and that's all we can hope for from anyone, including famous athletes. It is a Shame there are cynical a holes like you who talk **** when you have no clue. Maybe if there weren't more people would extend themselves to do more without fear of being criticcized for it. More people would follow the example and the world would be better off for it. He can't help it people are interested in what he does and want to know more about it. He didn't ask for the publicity.

Comment

Originally posted by kokingbill View Post
              Brandon helped us out this summer by auctioning off a signed glove from his last fight. There was very little talk about it then. I spoke with him personally and dealt with his team. They are all very sincere and genuinely just want to help. He really went all out to help us raise money. He sold signed pictures on his website for "Ella" ( the 4th old with now terminal cancer we were raising money for). He did what he could and that's all we can hope for from anyone, including famous athletes. It is a Shame there are cynical a holes like you who talk **** when you have no clue. Maybe if there weren't more people would extend themselves to do more without fear of being criticcized for it. More people would follow the example and the world would be better off for it. He can't help it people are interested in what he does and want to know more about it. He didn't ask for the publicity.
              Don't mind him... he's an ahole for the sake of being one

Comment

You have to be careful with these so called "class acts". Remember Eloy Perez was helping a kid with cancer, HBO portrayed him as this humble kid coming from a hard working family...and then he tests positive for coke.

Comment

Wow kool, who wouldnt be touched by this, this is great from rios

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                    You have to be careful with these so called "class acts". Remember Eloy Perez was helping a kid with cancer, HBO portrayed him as this humble kid coming from a hard working family...and then he tests positive for coke.
                    thats alright, hes young and has the ability to party its understandable.

Comment

Working...
                    X