No announcement yet.

Why does arum bash Miami when he hasnt even done a show with Gamboa there

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does arum bash Miami when he hasnt even done a show with Gamboa there

Something that has me very confused, Arum says that in miami or florida there is no support for cuban fighters. Isnt his job to at least try to build him a fanbase there? I can guarantee you that a gamboa fight in Miami would double the tickets sold at least of what he regularly sells. He is making him fight in NJ,Vegas, Puerto Rico but he has not even tried to do a show in Miami. He says that in miami there is no support for cuban fighters, no disrespect but if I still lived in Miami there is no way I would go to a Yudel Johnson fight or a Despainge fight instead of going to the club, now Gamboa is a whole different animal. The Solis vs Austin Fight sol 7k 1/2 tickets you mean to tell me that Gamboa vs a decent name on hbo can not draw that or more in Miami? You have to be kidding me.

The fight for Gamboa vs Lopez though makes a lot of sense around the miami or orlando area. I lived in both cities and Orlando is really deep with Boricuas and also Miami while Miami and Tampa has a huge cuban population. Maybe arum doesnt want Gamboa to get popular, he is a smart sob there is no way he shouldnt at least try to do a miami show is ridiculous what is he going to lose? Its not like he is going to sell less tickets in Miami than in NJ, or Vegas. Come on Son!!!!!!!!

Arum bashes on everyone and everything.

Comment

Arum is a ******. I totally agree with you. Miami has always been a great place. They loved Roy Jones. Gamboa is the next big thing. Gamboa just needs to ditch his ass and go to Golden Boy. Arum is a pathetic idiot.

Comment

I'm currently living here in Miami and I honestly think and have said before that Gamboa-Juanma would be great here in the American Airlines Arena. Cubans are here and do support there fighters (just not as big as Puerto Ricans & Mexicans) and we have Orlando being a 3 hr drive where we have a large Puerto Rican population. Also, Puerto Rico is just a 1-2hr flight from Miami.

Comment

According to the census bureau, as of the year 2000, there were less than 1,250,000 people of Cuban ancestry in the United States. There are over eleven million people on the island. Sadly, the Cubans living under Castro are non-existent when it comes to the business of boxing. As a comparison, there are nearly four million Puerto Ricans living in the mainland US, and another four million, or so, living on the island.

Cuban boxers cannot, and will not, receive the kind of support that their Boricua peers enjoy. The numbers just don't support it. Also, consider the fact that Puerto Ricans have developed a culture of professional boxing that has had decades to evolve. Cuban professionals were very few from 1959 until the present day. Those that made a name for themselves got to the US (or Mexico, as in the case of Jose "Mantequilla" Napoles) before Castro took power. People need to be exposed to something before they can develop an interest in it.

I think that Miami would be a great place to stage an eventual fight between Lopez and Gamboa. It'll be well-attended by Puerto Ricans, and it'll have its share of Cubans. It would have the added benefit of cultivating a renewed interest in boxing by the Cuban-American community. Any good businessman understands the value of laying down the groundwork for future profits.

Comment

gamboa would sell more tickets in miami than anywhere else. arum is just full of *****.

Comment

Originally posted by el malo View Post
              gamboa would sell more tickets in miami than anywhere else. arum is just full of *****.
              Why is Arum full of ****? He's a businessman. All he cares about is making the most money for himself and his fighters, in that order. He either believes that he can't maximize his earnings with Gamboa and Lopez under present conditions, or he's protecting one of his fighters for future profitability. Which one is it?

Comment

Hate to say it,But cuban fans are bad as black fans in terms of supporting
                there fighters.Miami as a whole sucks as fans,They dont support there
                nfl,mlb teams good.They only support the heat,But i think we know why.

Comment

he cant pay off local officials?

Comment

only if every cuban in miami and surrounding areas went to the fight.... unfortunately, not every cuban comes out for the fight

Comment

Working...
                    X