Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oquendo Claims Talks are Ongoing For Wladimir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Oquendo Claims Talks are Ongoing For Wladimir Klitschko

Puerto Rican heavyweight Fres Oquendo (35-7 and 23 KO's) stated that discussions are ongoing for a fight against IBO/WBO/WBA/IBF heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko (50 KOs and a 59-3 record) on April 6th in Hanover. There had been mentions of Wladimir facing Olympic gold medal winner Odlanier Solis, but the Cuban's promoter says the negotiations fell apart.

[Click Here To Read More]

The last thing I remember about Oquendo was how good he was boxing against Tua, then he caught him and the fight was over.

Comment

Oquendo and his manager DO want the fight...

But Wladimir and his management have decided they are not going to fight him.

Comment

i'm sure there was communication between oquendo & K2 but that doesn't mean anything. oquendo just said in the article he wasn't wlad's choice(it was solis)but the 2 sides had spoken & that doesn't mean anything. i'm sure K2 has been in contact with several different managers & they are weighing their options. i don't think the WBA belt will be on the line if it's not povetkin. i don't think they will sanction it. it's not the first time an organization wouldn't recognize a fight. if wlad did lose & the WBA belt wasn't on the line i wonder if the WBA would strip wlad & designate povetkin as super champion?

Comment

Sadly, Oquendo would be the best opposition Wlad has fought in years.... (maybe other than David Haye). What a sad state in the heavyweight division (I know it's been said a million times). Honestly, I've gotten to a state of "who cares" when I hear about the Klitschko's and who they're fighting. The only interesting fight in the division is obviously Klitschko vs. Klitschko and we know we'll never see that.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            Puerto Rican heavyweight Fres Oquendo (35-7 and 23 KO's) stated that discussions are ongoing for a fight against IBO/WBO/WBA/IBF heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko (50 KOs and a 59-3 record) on April 6th in Hanover. There had been mentions of Wladimir facing Olympic gold medal winner Odlanier Solis, but the Cuban's promoter says the negotiations fell apart.

[Click Here To Read More]
            The discussions could be "ongoing", but are very likely just Oquendo's manager contacting Klitschko. It's normal for a voluntary for the champion to start tentative negotiations with 3-4 potential opponents, before a final deision is made.

Oquendo is a trier, which is about all that can be said for him. At best he was a low B, (not good) but today likely a low C. He shouldn't be fighting the champion except in an exhibition.

Anyway a poster has reported that Klitschko's manager says that it's not true.

Comment

how sad, this once exciting division has sunk 2 this...

Comment

I really hope this isn't true. They might as well give Holyfield his shot then. I would rather see that then Oquendo vs Wlad. I mean it's not because the brothers are known to fight top notch opposition these days, but this surely has to be the lowest of the low if it gets made. On par with Vitali vs Briggs/Charr

Comment

It's just a stay busy fight, so it doesn't matter who he fights. Wlad wants to fight three times, the voluntary, Povetkin and then another defense in the fall. I would call up Haye for the April bout if I was Boente.

Comment

Originally posted by ddeg10 View Post
                    Sadly, Oquendo would be the best opposition Wlad has fought in years.... (maybe other than David Haye). What a sad state in the heavyweight division (I know it's been said a million times). Honestly, I've gotten to a state of "who cares" when I hear about the Klitschko's and who they're fighting. The only interesting fight in the division is obviously Klitschko vs. Klitschko and we know we'll never see that.
                    And yet you still have time commenting on a Klitschko thread

Comment

Working...
                    X