No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Manny Pacquiao Resumes Role As The Face Of Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jayallday9 View Post
    Not a Pac hater, and I never was a Floyd fan until recent years, but I must say bias is always present when comparing Floyd and Manny. Pac has a better public persona (I think) but I know one thing, he did not and probably could not reach this level of stardom without claiming Floyd is scared of him. They whole mystic of Pacman comes from Floyd haters wanting to believe Pac will do Floyd the same way he does the mediocore fighters he fights.

Also, while i feel Pac lost a decision he should have won against Bradley, judging by Bradleys bad feet AND still outboxing Pac in the championship rounds, makes me think Pac is just afraid to face Tim again. Looking back he refused to fight Mosley until Floyd beat Mosley so in reality he does NOT take on all challengers, rather the easily winnable fights against popular "use to be good" boxers. Pac is not and never was the face of boxing, just the biggest threat to the real face of boxing.
    He reached stardom by beating Oscar De La hoya JUST like how Mayweather and Trinidad did as well

Comment

• Originally posted by littlemac View Post
      Pac is exciting for the casual fans because casual fans don't know the difference between Pac beating a washed up mummie or a prime skilled fighters therefor when casual fans see Manny having a hard time with a skilled fighter like Marquez, casual fans then believe Manny is on the decline or not his best because casual fans don't know how to rate the quality of opposition. You sound like the average Pacfan.
      So what? What does that have to do with Pac not being famous for calling out Floyd before and after every fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by 7_rocket View Post
        He reached stardom by beating Oscar De La hoya JUST like how Mayweather and Trinidad did as well
        No sir, Floyd was a star already, trying to dethrone the recognized king Oscar de la Hoya. Even so he understood his role, gave the king whatever he wanted to make the fight, and became the king. Pacman was already a well known, popular fighter, but became a star, loved, household name not just by beating an even more past it Oscar, but more so by claiming the villain king is scared of him.

Comment

• This article is funny, Pacquiao has a fight in four days, there is ZERO buzz, and he is once again the face?

sure...why not

Comment

• i'd like to see Floyd run for congress... oh wait! convicted felon

Comment

• Originally posted by Jayallday9 View Post
              No sir, Pac did not single out any fighter when he signed and my main point is all these die hard fans didn't care about him too much either UNTIL he and his team claimed before and after each of their fights that Floyd is scared of him! And Pacman's insistence of saying "everybody knows I beat Bradley" is not a reason to ignore the rematch. It just seems to me that they are intimidated by Tim's stamina and determination, and Marquez4 is a safer fight.
              We can't get ANY good fights between GB and TR and Arum has publicly stated that you will not face his stable unless you sign wit him so I just want to know how we understand this with anybody else, but Floyd is just scared??
              One more thing you are incorrect, it was Mosley who approached Roach, who then stated "Mosley is simply too good and Im not putting my guy in with him" until Floyd beat him. Don't get me wrong I like Pac and I hope he destroys Marquez but we can scrape the whole "he fights the best" B.S
              @JayAllday9: Roach and Mosely's name were interchanged. I'm sorry..my bad. I'm really aging.

About Pacquiao insisting that he won the Bradley fight. Yeah, true he admits that when he is being asked on interviews but it's not like he's losing sleep over it. He was just cool about it cuz we all know that he's a changed man now. But if it happened a year ago, maybe it's a different story. And no, he's not in anyway intimidated by Bradley in fact he wanted the fight badly. Maybe we gotta ask Arum why it fell through. One thing for sure is that after Cotto rejected the Pacquiao fight, Pacquiao took a very hard time deciding to fight for the rest of the year and wait on "somebody" he really wanted to fight. So Bob Arum got pretty upset but you know what, nothing is impossible with Arum. He has a way of getting what he wants.

Comment

• I can agree with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by cherpotpot View Post
                  @JayAllday9: Roach and Mosely's name were interchanged. I'm sorry..my bad. I'm really aging.

About Pacquiao insisting that he won the Bradley fight. Yeah, true he admits that when he is being asked on interviews but it's not like he's losing sleep over it. He was just cool about it cuz we all know that he's a changed man now. But if it happened a year ago, maybe it's a different story. And no, he's not in anyway intimidated by Bradley in fact he wanted the fight badly. Maybe we gotta ask Arum why it fell through. One thing for sure is that after Cotto rejected the Pacquiao fight, Pacquiao took a very hard time deciding to fight for the rest of the year and wait on "somebody" he really wanted to fight. So Bob Arum got pretty upset but you know what, nothing is impossible with Arum. He has a way of getting what he wants.
                  I can agree with you.

Comment

• It's best to enjoy these guys while they are still here, won't be long before they are gone. I don't see many being able to fill that void.

Comment

Working...
                    X