No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jonathan Gonzalez Feels Ready For Sergei Dzinziruk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jonathan Gonzalez Feels Ready For Sergei Dzinziruk

Junior middleweight prospect Jonathan Gonzalez (15-0, 13KOs) feels ready for his upcoming fight against veteran Sergei Dzinziruk (37-1, 23KOs) on the 25th of August in Washington. The fight will be televised by HBO. The 22-year-old fighter from Puerto Rico returns from a Februayr decision win against Billy Lyell. Dzinziruk, a former WBO champion, has not fought since March 2011 when he was defeated for the first time by Argentina's Sergio 'La Maravilla' Martinez.

[Click Here To Read More]

Lyell 's the guy JCC jr boxed b4 his title shot & , hard 2 say , JG's not in jr's class...

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
      Lyell 's the guy JCC jr boxed b4 his title shot & , hard 2 say , JG's not in jr's class...
      What that has to do with Mantequilla fighting Sergei?

Sergei only loss is to Sergio and I dont see Mantequilla ready for him. Specially him going to fight out of shape always.

Comment

Sergei has this one...Gonzalez is too green for em

Comment

That is a big step up for Mantequilla. Could too much too soon for him But he has the skills to win.

Comment

all that green stuff thats the difference between pr prospects and other prospects we dont protect them if they are good they will survive point blank thats how the old days are if hes good he will beat serg he def has the power to do so

Comment

If Sergei dont uses his legs, he gets hammered and walk down and TKO, if Sergei uses lots of movement and uses his lazer type jab, keeping Gonzalez honest, easy UD for Dzinziruk.

This all depends on what Dzinziruk shows up to fight!!

Comment

I dont know whos idea this was but but gonzales is gonna get
                Outbox by zirgy u guys r crazy to put this kid in there with this Guy
                I dont know dawg....

Comment

Mantequilla ur an idiot.....this is career suicide.....

Comment

I am from PR, born and raised, have seen JG about four times and have yet to see anything from him that will make me feel that he would at least win a round against this guy. He is always out of shape, takes too many punches, relies on his power too much, his defense is below average, is not a one punch ko kind of fighter, yeah he;s got heart and somewhat a good chin, but he is by no means ready for this guy. Like a lot of prospects from PR, his management team are not looking out for his best interests and are sacrificing him already, just like with Daniel Santos back in the days, Jesus Rojas who is fighting Arce, Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. againts Arce and Donaire, he was not ready for those kind of fights regardless of his status as a champion, Carlos Negron, etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X