No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Says Pacquiao Could Face Rios, Bradley or Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum Says Pacquiao Could Face Rios, Bradley or Marquez

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum plans on staging a tournament among four exciting fighters in the welterweight division with eight division champion Manny Pacquiao, Mexican legend Juan Manuel Marquez, hard-hitting Brandon “Bam Bam” Rios and WBO welterweight champion Timothy “Desert Storm” Bradley in the mix.

Arum told BoxingScene.com/Manila Standard - “I’ve got four guys and after the March 30 rematch between Rios and Mike Alvarado they will sit down with me and we’ll figure this thing out.”

He said “Manny might fight Rios if he beats Alvarado or he might fight Bradley in a rematch or Marquez in a fifth fight. I’ve got four attractive fighters and we'll mix and match them.” [Click Here To Read More]

And when they've all fought each other, then what? Not exactly a long term plan, is it? Mix and match four fighters - two of whom, Marquez and Pac, are about 12-18 months of retirement (realistically).

I'd be more excited to see those four names thrown in he mix with the likes of Guerrero, Matthyse, Maidana, Garcia, Mayweather, Lopez, Ortiz etc. Not that it's going to happen now that HBO/Showtime are as much at war as TR/Golden Boy...

Comment

It feels like one of these "Arum fighters could fight another Arum fighter" notions come out every week.

Comment

Arum should have his own mini tourney. Pac vs Rios and then jmm vs Bradley with the winners fighting eachother

Comment

Man forget all that. I want to see Provodnikov and Rios!!

Comment

Arum is doing everything he can to ensure a pac-marquez 5. even though Marquez already said he dont want to fight pac again. so now he comes up with a tourney and now has to hope Rios dont lose to keep that in play. smh

Comment

lol they could just replace him with alvarado if he loses. I want to see pac and bradley go toe to toe like bradley did with ruslan

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantT316 View Post
                It feels like one of these "Arum fighters could fight another Arum fighter" notions come out every week.
                Thanks for the update Bob.

Comment

Get Pac Rios so he can have another W before another L against Marquez...also i would love to see Bradley - Marquez...another reason for Pac - Rios...

Comment

I could swear that I've read this story before.

Comment

Working...
                    X