No announcement yet.

Woman Gets Fined 1.9 Mill for Illegal Downloading

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman Gets Fined 1.9 Mill for Illegal Downloading

A federal jury Thursday found a 32-year-old Minnesota woman guilty of illegally downloading music from the Internet and fined her $80,000 each — a total of $1.9 million — for 24 songs.

Jammie Thomas-Rasset’s case was the first such copyright infringement case to go to trial in the United States, her attorney said.

www submityoursite com

are y'all scared .now

Comment

MUSIC PIRACy is officially killin artists

Comment

Originally posted by ashis View Post
        MUSIC PIRACy is officially killin artists
        Been killing artists.

Maybe if CD's weren't so ****ing overpriced, people would buy them. It costs literally pennies to make CD's... Where the **** do they get off charging 15-26 bucks for them.

I understand there are costs that need to be allocated, but you can allocate them and let certain albums depreciate over time. People fail to realized that aside from the artist and duplication costs, overhead is generally fixed... I don't ****ing understand how the music industry cannot adapt to technology.

Comment

How the fuk that happin?

I download music all the time for free..

Comment

Poor grammar and bad spelling on internet forums are killing the English language.

Comment

Poor lady.

Comment

hahahahahaha

Comment

Now, what happens if that lady decides to kill herself because they sued her? Does she still have to pay out? And what happens if this drove the lady so crazy, she decided to kill the people suing her?

Karmas a *****, and suing doesn't resolve much but just causes more problems!

Comment

Damn, that sucks.

Comment

Working...
                    X